Fit of the Personalized Golf Shirt?

Started by jspittler, February 14, 2007, 05:48:20 PM

jspittler

I am a new senior member and am planning to order the personalized golf shirt:

http://www.civilairpatrolstore.com/store/view_product.php?product=19236

So far in my short "CAP clothes ordering career", I haven't had a very good record in guessing correctly on sizes when ordering over the web.  I am kind of thinking that Vanguard doesn't accept exchanges on personalized items, so I am at least trying to do some research.

I am hoping that perhaps I can get some idea of their "fit".  Do the sizes on these shirts tend to run "large"?  or "small"?  or pretty much as advertised?  On golf-type shirts, sometimes the "Large" seems to fit me and other times the "X-Large" fits best.

I wear a 46R flight suit, in case that helps.

Thanks for the comments.

Judd
Judd Spittler, Senior Member
CAWG, Squadron 25
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Lancer

www.thehock.com - The Hock Shop has them a bit cheaper than Vanguard.

These shirts are a cotton blend, so I'd get the X-Large to account for shrinkage.

JCJ

Quote from: mlcurtis69 on February 14, 2007, 06:02:39 PM
www.thehock.com - The Hock Shop has them a bit cheaper than Vanguard.

These shirts are a cotton blend, so I'd get the X-Large to account for shrinkage.

Unless they have acquired some new capability, the Hock doesn't personalize them.

I agree the sizes tend to run small.

MIKE

Quote from: JCJ on February 14, 2007, 06:57:15 PM
Unless they have acquired some new capability, the Hock doesn't personalize them.

SKU Number:7959XP
Mike Johnston

jspittler

So do just the Hock Shop shirts run small?  Or the Vanguard ones as well?

Thanks,

Judd
CAWG, Squadron 25

JCJ

I've bought from the Hock and the Bookstore (before it was closed) - both tended to run a little small, but not much.  I'd consider ordering one size larger than usual to account for that and shrinkage.  I've never bought golf shirts from vanguard, but I understand they took over the bookstore inventory so probably the same thing.

One more thing - I'm a big guy.  YMMV if you are one of those contemptable little 130# weaklings that can eat a case of MRE's and not gain weight.

bosshawk

If you wear a 46R flight suit, order ExLarge golf shirts.  They are a cotton/polyester blend, do not shrink to my knowledge and are very comfortable.  They wear forever and do not fade.

Be careful, there are uniform sharks lurking in the ether who will flame you for even considering ordering golf shirts.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

SAR-EMT1

WHAT ... ORDERING GOLF SHIRTS??? ... FLAME FLAME FLAME !!!    ;D   Welcome to CAP and the forum JUDD
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

jspittler

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on February 15, 2007, 12:14:52 PM
WHAT ... ORDERING GOLF SHIRTS??? ... FLAME FLAME FLAME !!!    ;D   Welcome to CAP and the forum JUDD

So then... is it fair to guess that not all squadrons have the golf shirt as their "official uniforms" for meetings on two of the weekly meetings each month?

I guess we kind of like to keep things casual here in California.  :)

Judd
CAWG, Squadron 25

Pylon

Quote from: jspittler on February 15, 2007, 03:24:51 PM
Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on February 15, 2007, 12:14:52 PM

So then... is it fair to guess that not all squadrons have the golf shirt as their "official uniforms" for meetings on two of the weekly meetings each month?

I guess we kind of like to keep things casual here in California.  :)

Judd

There's no official senior meeting uniform at the squadrons I've been to.  There's an ongoing discussion on this topic right now somewhere on CAPTalk.  Golf shirts work for the casual internal meetings and whatnot.  I always wear blues to those meetings, but I'm also a deputy commander so I feel an obligation to dress a bit more formally/professionally.

It really comes down to personal preference, the event/setting, and what others at your unit wear.  There's no right or wrong answer. 
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

davedove

For new CAP members, the gold shirt combo is probably the easiest uniform to acquire.  Other than the shirt, all you need are some gray pants and black shoes & belt.

Now that I have acquired some other uniforms, I tend to not wear the golf shirt, especially since it's cold now. ;)  I just like wearing a uniform that looks more like a uniform.

I have nothing against the golf shirt, and if several people are wearing it, it doesn't look so bad.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003