CAP Embroidered Cutouts on BDUs... *Poof?*

Started by pixelwonk, March 02, 2005, 05:03:20 PM

pixelwonk

An excerpt from the CAP Development Committee minutes 13 Feb 05:

Quoteb. Grade insignia on both collars of the BDU uniform. The NEC had previously requested Air Force permission to remove the embroidered CAP cutout from the left collar of the BDU uniform and wear the grade insignia on both sides of the collar in the same manner as the active duty forces. The Air Force approved this proposal and the Committee was tasked by the
National Commander to establish a phase out date for the wear of the cutout. The committee voted to recommend the National Board approve 30 September 2005 as the mandatory wear date for the grade insignia on both sides of the collar of the BDU uniform.

After reading this, I checked the NB agenda to see if it was an issue to be voted upon, and didn't see it.  Perhaps it will come under new business???

Thoughts on this anyone?

Greg

Quote from: tedda on March 02, 2005, 05:03:20 PM
An excerpt from the CAP Development Committee minutes 13 Feb 05:

Quoteb. Grade insignia on both collars of the BDU uniform. The NEC had previously requested Air Force permission to remove the embroidered CAP cutout from the left collar of the BDU uniform and wear the grade insignia on both sides of the collar in the same manner as the active duty forces. The Air Force approved this proposal and the Committee was tasked by the
National Commander to establish a phase out date for the wear of the cutout. The committee voted to recommend the National Board approve 30 September 2005 as the mandatory wear date for the grade insignia on both sides of the collar of the BDU uniform.

After reading this, I checked the NB agenda to see if it was an issue to be voted upon, and didn't see it.  Perhaps it will come under new business???

Thoughts on this anyone?

I think that NHQ should work on updating all the manuals/regs before changing MORE stuff.  I'm getting really sick of it...
C/Maj Greg(ory) Boyajian, CAP
Air Victory Museum Composite Squadron

pixelwonk

I hope you don't really mean all of them. I can understand how you feel, but if that were the case, we'd be waiting even longer for the manuals/regs to come out. 

You could look at it this way: much of the time new policies, ideas etc... are implemented because they were brought up the chain. Subdued tapes were also in this committee's meeting minutes and was considered and shot down. (recommended disapproval by the NB)

In any case, when us hangar mice squeak about different uniform thingies, baubles and accouterments, it needs to be deliberated upon.  Some passes, some does not, but in the end, it can cause a delay to the master regulation getting published.

Greg

Quote from: tedda on March 02, 2005, 07:43:58 PM
I hope you don't really mean all of them. I can understand how you feel, but if that were the case, we'd be waiting even longer for the manuals/regs to come out.

Very true, sir.
C/Maj Greg(ory) Boyajian, CAP
Air Victory Museum Composite Squadron

Pylon

Semi-Related Question:  Where can members get accecss to the CAP Development Committee minutes and the minutes of other committees (not NEC/NB)?

As for it not appearing in the agenda - I imagine each committee has some items to present to the National Board, but they will bring them up during New Business.  This allows committees to prepare things to be presented to the board, but if they happen to not yet be ready by the time of NB, no harm done as nobody was necessarily expecting it.  In addition, the agenda would be plagued by hundreds of motions and proposals if they all appeared on the agenda.  New Business is the proper place to bring these up and I'm sure that they will do so if it's going to happen.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

pixelwonk

Quote from: Pylon on March 02, 2005, 11:40:08 PM
Semi-Related Question:  Where can members get accecss to the CAP Development Committee minutes and the minutes of other committees (not NEC/NB)?

E-services has a link to it when you log in, it's separate from the NB/NEC/BoG minutes.  I was going to post it but their site is currently returning Exception Errors.

Edited to provide the link: http://you.know.the.first.part/index.cfm?nodeID=5935
Since it is featured in e-services only, I figured I shouldn't make the link idiot-proof due to bot's-n-stuff.  just stick the level2 part back in there.

Pylon

Quote from: tedda
I was going to post it but their site is currently returning Exception Errors.

Yep, now I remember where they were in E-Services, but got the same exception errors. Quaint.  ::)

Cmdbuddy

Back on topic...

Quite frankly, it doesn't matter to me what is worn on the collar.  But I have a few questions.  Will this affect Cadet Officers, also?  What about the SM types?  They just wear CAP on both collars now, so what would they do?

It would definitely make the receiving two insignia "in one" more practical.
Christie Ducote, Capt, CAP

whatevah

anybody who wears cloth on the collars will now wear their grade on both.  So, Cadet Officers will be affected by this change, as well.  And, yeah, SMs don't have to do anything different. :)
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

arajca

Quote from: whatevah on March 05, 2005, 08:52:28 PM
anybody who wears cloth on the collars will now wear their grade on both.  So, Cadet Officers will be affected by this change, as well.  And, yeah, SMs don't have to do anything different. :)
Those who were the field uniform don't. Those who wear the bdu have to replace the CAP embriodered cutout on the left collar with embroidered grade insignia.

KVNY

Anyone heard about the new uniform standards saying that rank insignias go on both collars on the BDU's? Blues stay the same I understand.  I've got some airshows coming up soon and I'm not really sure whether i should wear my insignais the old way (Msgt on one side and CAP cut-out on other) or the new way (Msgt on both sides).  Any suggestions?
Who needs an engine? GO GLIDING!!

C/Msgt, California wing, Cadet Sq. 3, Solo pilot soon-to-be!

elkorona

Quote from: KVNY on March 11, 2005, 12:46:54 AM
Anyone heard about the new uniform standards saying that rank insignias go on both collars on the BDU's? Blues stay the same I understand.  I've got some airshows coming up soon and I'm not really sure whether i should wear my insignais the old way (Msgt on one side and CAP cut-out on other) or the new way (Msgt on both sides).  Any suggestions?

I would wait a little to see for sure and more guidance.  Its not mandatory for awhile so I would cool it and see what is mandatory.
Lt Col Elliott Korona, CAP
Deputy Director, Civic Leadership Academy

MIKE

I've heard about it.  I heard about it just prior to NBs.  I am aware that it was approved.  I understand that we will have until some time in September at which time we must be in full compliance with this new directive.

There are some things with regard to this new change that aren't clear yet (Like if C/Amn - C/CMSgt  are to wear grade on both collars on service and battle dress uniforms.)... So for me personally, I am waiting for a signed official memo or other signed official document much like what was published for the Service Dress Nametag... Or until instructed to comply by my chain of command.  I would advise that you do the same.

Mike Johnston

whatevah

QuoteHot news is that the AF just gave us approval to wear grade insignia on both sides of the BDU collar----remove the CAP cutout and add grade. This is approved for both cadets and senior members.  Any member who does not hold grade continues to wear the CAP on both sides of the collar.

The change is effective now--mandatory by 30 September 2005.  We announced it at the Winter Board and will get the publicity going now.

Also looks like as soon as I get this added to the manual we are actually going to print!  Probably will be dated 1 April 2005!!!!

SUSAN P. PARKER
Deputy Director, Membership Services

that was sent out this morning.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Pylon

Wow!  Signs that the Draft uniform manual may actually go to "print" soon!  Amazing!   ;)

Honestly, they should re-release it in a Secondary Draft form so that members can take another look at the photographs.  The last draft had something glaringly wrong in almost every single photograph from the Senior Mess Dress right down to the Cadets in blues.   ::)

Letting the "hawk-eyes" of the membership pool glance over the manual would probably help it quite a bit.  I'm sure they've scanned it over, but look how much got past them last time!   :P