Audited Financial Statements Release & Full Disclosure to The Public

Started by RADIOMAN015, December 24, 2009, 08:03:55 PM

RADIOMAN015

Was looking at some other non profit companies financial statements

American Red Cross, FY ending Jun 2008, had an audit opinion/statement published by one of the nationwide CPA firms by October 2009. Surprisingly though the FY 2009 statements don't seem to be on the ARC site at this time.  Red Cross also included copy of their Form 990 tax return filing to IRS.

Boy Scouts of American CY ending 2008, had an audit/opinion published by March 2009 again by one of the nationwide CPA firms and they also included a copy of their Form 990/990T tax filings to the IRS. 

Girl Scouts of America -- I could not readily find their audited financial statements on their website, nor any tax returns.

Civil Air Patrol Inc, FY ending September 2008, audit/opinion pbulished by local AL accounting firm May 2009, no copy of Form 990/990T on web site.  Wonder if the audited statements for period ending September 2009, will be released earlier for this period.  I guess it would be a dream to ever see the IRS 990/990T on the website.

In my opinion, none of the statements really indicate what percetnage of revenue and expense is paid for at the local level (below Wing for us) without any Naiotnal Hq or wing support (for us).
RM