Unit Statistics in eServices

Started by Eclipse, July 21, 2014, 03:38:01 PM

Eclipse

I was pleasantly surprised to see that unit stats are theoretically available going back to the year 2000
for all units in the country.

The problem is they appear to be incorrect, or are reporting the numbers in a way which is less then useful.

For example, for my wing, if I run the numbers for the year, it shows more then double the real number of members
(in fact it shows a number about double what the wing has had during any peak year in the last decade).

Further, if you run the numbers back to 2000, it shows more then double for every year, and an upward trend
(which is the opposites of reality).

The only thing I can think of is that it might be showing everyone who carried an ID card of some kind in a weird cumulative way?

Anyone one know what this data is supposed to represent, and/or what the source for these numbers is?

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

The numbers for any one individual unit seem to be correct, or at least not wildly off, but the wing cumulative numbers
aren't close, for any year.

Another wrinkle - we're down ~10 charters since 2000, but the stats only show units
which still have an active charter.  Where do the members who were in those retired charters fall in these stats?

Even if you can't see the individual units, those people were members of the wing as a whole and their numbers
would contribute to the trend.

"That Others May Zoom"