John and Martha King flying stolen plane.....kinda

Started by Flying Pig, September 04, 2010, 05:58:40 PM

tarheel gumby

I seen the "anti-law enforcement" crowd complain that cops are brainless brutes, I think that they have heard the tales of a very small number of real "Barney Fife's" out of control, and are trying to make a mountain out of an ant hill.
I too have seen a couple of incidents where the Officer lacked important information and was making poor choices. Such as interfering with medical care at an accident scene, the officer was one that other cops wanted to have disciplined. That having been said if anybody thinks that they know any better than the LEO's that were on the scene then, why aren't they out there working in Law Enforcement. Cops don't have all the answers but nobody else has them either, we have them do a tough job day in and day out. They do their best with the information at hand, so when they need more information they should get it and not a ration of cra......
As an EMT I have to work with them, they have my respect.
Joseph Myers Maj. CAP
Squadron Historian MER NC 019
Historian MER NC 001
Historian MER 001

Майор Хаткевич

Cops are great while they side with your version of events. :)

Flying Pig

Quote from: simon on September 07, 2010, 10:18:58 PM
FP, this debate is unlikely to go anywhere.

You think the police response in this situation was appropriate. Fine. A super way to build rapport with the public.

Good way to dodge all the questions I asked you.  Ill take that to mean you have no experience to back up your theories.

simon

QuoteGood way to dodge all the questions I asked you.  Ill take that to mean you have no experience to back up your theories.
Take it how you like.

I have had a loaded gun pointed at me a couple of times by police. Given the scenarios it was ridiculous. Thankfully nobody had Parkinson's or sneezed. In each case they ended up walking away like nothing happened.

Perhaps you are so used to this that it is ho hum just another day at the office. But you and I both know it feels different to be on the receiving end.

Like I said before, we could debate this forever but I really don't see you conceding that this could have been handled better. I'll leave it to people to read the story, look at the photos and the video of John King's account.

Flying Pig

You had a gun pointed at you by a law enforcement officers doing their job.  I was being shot at by a criminal trying to kill me, which has happened on 4 separate occasions, so no, we dont have anything in common.  As far as John and Martha, as a Law Enforcement SWAT and tactics instructor myself I would say it was handled exactly the way it should have been. 

tsrup

I fail to see how this thread given the route its going is going to help our working relationships with our respective Sheriff and Police Departments...
Paramedic
hang-around.