Main Menu

Left Seat

Started by Flying Pig, March 18, 2010, 10:19:10 PM

WT

Sorry, to throw a wet towel on this vigorous debate...
Per the CURRENT CAPR 60-1, Para 2-2 (h)...

h. Except for flight instruction, only a qualified CAP pilot may handle the controls below 1,000 ft AGL.

So, unless you are a qualified CAP Pilot, you cannot touch the controls below 1,000 ft AGL.  In order to be a qualified CAP Pilot, you must have a CURRENT CAPF 5 in the aircraft you are flying.

Eclipse

Well...that's what I said (above), however apparently my "non-pilot" status somehow negates my ability to interpret regulations.

Looks pretty bright to me, and if you are trying to use fudge words like "manipulate" vs. "operate", you're asking for trouble.

"That Others May Zoom"

MSgt Van

Quote from: DG on March 18, 2010, 11:23:15 PM
Quote from: Flying Pig on March 18, 2010, 10:48:50 PM
...Or they are ignorant of their ignorance on these issues.
That would be terribly awful.

DG

Quote from: WT on March 22, 2010, 03:37:16 PM
Sorry, to throw a wet towel on this vigorous debate...
Per the CURRENT CAPR 60-1, Para 2-2 (h)...

h. Except for flight instruction, only a qualified CAP pilot may handle the controls below 1,000 ft AGL.

So, unless you are a qualified CAP Pilot, you cannot touch the controls below 1,000 ft AGL.  In order to be a qualified CAP Pilot, you must have a CURRENT CAPF 5 in the aircraft you are flying.

Not so fast.

CAP VFR Pilot – Qualified to operate as Pilot in Command of CAP aircraft in Visual Meteorological Conditions.

"CAP Airplane" refers to CAP Aircraft of a certain category.

Does not say make and model.

Mustang

Quote from: DG on March 22, 2010, 01:10:12 PM
blah blah blah
You are correct, this isn't about me at all. It's about you and your inability to get along with people.  Have a nice day.
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

PHall

Quote from: Mustang on March 26, 2010, 12:07:39 AM
Quote from: DG on March 22, 2010, 01:10:12 PM
blah blah blah
You are correct, this isn't about me at all. It's about you and your inability to get along with people.  Have a nice day.

You're one to talk. Just about every post you seem to make is confrontational in tone. ::)

Mustang

Whatever you say, Phil.
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "