Main Menu

Exit Survey, etc.

Started by SunDog, July 02, 2014, 04:02:48 AM

SunDog

O.K., pretty much wrapped up the loose ends - BBDUs, Nomex flight suits, assorted odds and ends finally sold off. (Will have those in the mail on Thursday, guys). Geez, I almost had to give the BBDUs away; you guys really don't like those!

If I get an exit survey this Fall, I'll check back and share it with you here on CT.

Private Investigator

I think "Exit Surveys" is just what we need. Not only to NHQ but copied to Region, Wing, Group and the SQCC.  8)

rustyjeeper

They are doing them. Its a good thing I think.
I finally received mine about a month ago- I separated in February. I dont know if anyone outside of NHQ gets the information but i sure hope so.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Is this universal across CAP?
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

rustyjeeper

I do not actually know.
My final day of membership I "hit the big red button" on e-services and made the suggestion to NHQ that they conduct them.
Never a reply of any sort....
A few weeks later someone here made mention of getting a survey....
Then maybe two months later I got one too :)

Was it on account of my final act -- I doubt it........  BUT its nice to think maybe someone listens to good people that quit out of frustration.

RNOfficer

Quote from: rustyjeeper on July 03, 2014, 11:14:27 PM
I do not actually know.
My final day of membership I "hit the big red button" on e-services and made the suggestion to NHQ that they conduct them.

Was it on account of my final act -- I doubt it........  BUT its nice to think maybe someone listens to good people that quit out of frustration.

I made a similar, but broader suggestion. Every well-functioning large organization has has an independent office of institutional research, to see what they're doing right and what's wrong and what they might do in the future. CAP has never had anything like this a consequently is run based up the "gut" feelings mostly of a bunch of old men. Why does CAP have a dropout rate among Seniors of 25% per year? No one knows. Is it new members that quit after a year or old members? Nobody knows. Nobody knows nothing.

Of course my suggestion went nowhere.

rustyjeeper

Quote from: RNOfficer on July 04, 2014, 12:06:38 AM
Quote from: rustyjeeper on July 03, 2014, 11:14:27 PM
I do not actually know.

I made a similar, but broader suggestion. Every well-functioning large organization has has an independent office of institutional research, to see what they're doing right and what's wrong and what they might do in the future. CAP has never had anything like this a consequently is run based up the "gut" feelings mostly of a bunch of old men. Why does CAP have a dropout rate among Seniors of 25% per year? No one knows. Is it new members that quit after a year or old members? Nobody knows. Nobody knows nothing.

Of course my suggestion went nowhere.

Well we can hope something changes someday.
I actually want CAP to succeed- It has great potential..... just terrible politics and lots of "good ole boys" unwilling to think about doing anything a tad different or losing power.
I hope someday things change, if they do people like me MIGHT return.
At least people at NHQ read these forums and find out all is not quite so "hunky dory" as the Wing's pretend....

Al Sayre

Yes, NHQ is doing exit surveys, and yes they are seen by folks at Wing.  They are generally sanitized, i.e. not much identifying info - squadron, names etc., but IIRC you can at least tell what wing which can help with the check and correct...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787