Upcoming CLC both Onsite and Online

Started by swanny, September 24, 2013, 05:24:31 AM

swanny

Fellow CAP Senior Members,

Due to the success of our April 2013 SLS online/onsite we are again hosting a professional development event.

Our squadron will hold a CLC at Kadena Air Base Okinawa, Japan on November 23rd & 24th. The CLC will start at 1400 JST (November 24th 0100 EST). I know it is late for people CONUS, however, we had a great turnout at our last event and I again wanted to open it up for any CAP Senior Member interested. We will have students onsite live and link up those online using DCO which is Adobe Connect software like "Go To Meeting", so other than a mic, webcam, and internet connection nothing else is needed. Also, our software link will work on IPads, Iphones, Android OS, & WebOS for those who prefer that method. It would be great to link up with some of our fellow members stateside and get their input during the class. If you have anyone in your squadron that needs this for Level III please let them know. We have room for 25 more online attendees.

For this course we will have fellow instructors from both the California & Utah Wing assisting. The diverse group of CAP members from around the world really makes this course interesting for all who attend. You may sign up at the below link:

http://capclc.eventbrite.com/

Official CAP Course Schedule Link:

http://www.capmembers.com/cap_university/course_schedules/corporate-learning-course-clc/

I appreciate everyone for passing the word.

Semper Vigilans,

Captain Swanson
Okinawa  Cadet Squadron
Professional Development Officer

a2capt

Need anymore help with instructing anything, from remote?

swanny

Yes, that would be great. I will contact you off-line to discuss. Thanks.

Noble Six

United States Marine Corps Retired
Earhart#13897

AlphaSigOU

If you need an extra body to help instruct, I'll be glad to help. Too bad I'm no longer on Kwajalein, otherwise it would be a two-hour time difference instead of nine minus a day here in Huntsville, Alabama.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

swanny

We still have a few more slots open for online students. If you are interested please go ahead and sign up or pass the info on to some in need of the CLC.

Thanks

Quote from: swanson on September 24, 2013, 05:24:31 AM

Due to the success of our April 2013 SLS online/onsite we are again hosting a professional development event.

Our squadron will hold a CLC at Kadena Air Base Okinawa, Japan on November 23rd & 24th. The CLC will start at 1400 JST (November 24th 0100 EST). I know it is late for people CONUS, however, we had a great turnout at our last event and I again wanted to open it up for any CAP Senior Member interested. We will have students onsite live and link up those online using DCO which is Adobe Connect software like "Go To Meeting", so other than a mic, webcam, and internet connection nothing else is needed. Also, our software link will work on IPads, Iphones, Android OS, & WebOS for those who prefer that method. It would be great to link up with some of our fellow members stateside and get their input during the class. If you have anyone in your squadron that needs this for Level III please let them know. We have room for 25 more online attendees.

For this course we will have fellow instructors from both the California & Utah Wing assisting. The diverse group of CAP members from around the world really makes this course interesting for all who attend. You may sign up at the below link:

http://capclc.eventbrite.com/

Official CAP Course Schedule Link:

http://www.capmembers.com/cap_university/course_schedules/corporate-learning-course-clc/

I appreciate everyone for passing the word.

Semper Vigilans,

Captain Swanson
Okinawa  Cadet Squadron
Professional Development Officer

BHartman007

It would start at midnight my time, how long does it run each day?

Wing Assistant Director of Administration
Squadron Deputy Commander for Cadets

swanny

Sir,

I just sent you an email with all the details. Thank you for your interest. By the way, the class is almost full with only a few more online slots left. If anyone else is interested please sign up ASAP.

BHartman007

Looking forward to it, liquid eye-opener at the ready. Don't take it personally if I look like I may doze off  ;D.

Luis R. Ramos

If you take it online and doze up, none will be the wiser...

>:D

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

swanny

:D didn't catch anyone on their webcam dozing off, but I did see some yawns. I am looking forward to tomorrow.

BHartman007

I did shut my eyes for a few seconds around 2:30am, but I made it. :P
I'm just glad the extra two hours tonight is on the front side.

a2capt

I'm zonked. Did a whole nighter the day before, recovering a web server crash that corrupted backups, and where I should have been involved from the beginning of deployment for that not to happen .. ;)

.. and got up early this morning to take cadets to see "Helicopter Gun Ships" .. as we were told to "advertise" the Cobras.. ;)

BHartman007

Quote from: a2capt on November 23, 2013, 09:41:11 PM
I'm zonked. Did a whole nighter the day before, recovering a web server crash that corrupted backups, and where I should have been involved from the beginning of deployment for that not to happen .. ;)

.. and got up early this morning to take cadets to see "Helicopter Gun Ships" .. as we were told to "advertise" the Cobras.. ;)

I got up early this morning, too. And by early I mean 1pm.

Don't forget to pick up a new headset ;)

Luis R. Ramos

Whatever it is must be contagious.

Also happened to me, I only slept like 4 hours then went to a tabletop exercise... Have a headache...

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

a2capt

..yup, stopped by the Wally World on the way back home.

Ended up falling asleep, and now have the accompanying headache. Good deal. Nothing a little science and research packaged up in the form a small round white object can't fix. :)

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

BHartman007

Well, it was good! Thanks to the hosts for putting it on. I did better staying up till 4am tonight than I did staying up till 3am last night. Now if only they could hold RSC online >:D