Upcoming SLS Onsite & Online

Started by swanny, March 27, 2013, 06:43:05 AM

swanny

Our squadron is going to hold a SLS at Kadena Air Base Okinawa, Japan on April 20th and 21st. The SLS will start at 1400 JST (April 20th 0100 EST or April 19th 2200 PST). I know it is late for people CONUS, however, I wanted to open it up for any CAP Senior Member interested. We wil have students onsite live and link up those online using DCO which is Adobe Connect software like "Go To Meeting", so other than a mic, webcam, and internet connection nothing else is needed. Also, our software link will work on IPads, Iphones, Android OS, & WebOS for those who prefer that method. It would be great to link up with some of our fellow members stateside and get their input during the class. If you have anyone in your squadron needs this for Level II please let them know. We have room for 20 more online attendees. I appreciate everyone for passing the word.

Also, if any CONUS member (Senior/Cadet) is interested in giving a quick presentation during one of our regular meetings Thursday's 1900JST (0600 EST) via the internet please message me. The cadets would love to hear from members stateside, as most just started CAP overseas and have not had the experience of other squadrons.

Below is the link to sign up:

http://capsls.eventbrite.com/

Official CAP Link:
http://www.capmembers.com/cap_university/course_schedules/squadron-leadership-schools-sls/

Thank you for your consideration.

edgallop

I just enrolled... Thanks so much for the opportunity. It will be very interesting taking SLS in Japan without leaving my "office".  I also passed the word to another member of my squadron who has been looking for an SLS session to attend.

Ed

swanny

You are very welcome. We still have 10 more slots left if anyone else is interested. We appreciate the support from everyone stateside!! I will see everyone in a few weeks. Please continue to pass the word for the few last slots. Thank you.

stillamarine

I'm gonna check my schedule. Be neat to do SLS with the squadron I was first a cadet in the late 80s.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

Private Investigator

Quote from: swanson on March 27, 2013, 06:43:05 AM
Our squadron is going to hold a SLS at Kadena Air Base Okinawa, Japan on April 20th and 21st.

I wish I could fly out and be on staff. Okinawa has many fond memories for me too.

Good luck and much success   :clap:

DocKibbey

Being prior service as an FMF Corpsman attached to a USMC unit their in the past it will be nice to be connected with OKI again after so many years.  Some great and not so great memories of OKI, I am looking forward to this course, even if it is late by CONUS time.  Where do I need to go to download necessary software for the class? 

IAV8

What is the Zulu start time for these classes?
Capt. Donnelly

AlphaSigOU

Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

swanny

Japan Standard Time is Zulu +9. So 1400 on Saturday here would be (0100 EST Saturday) then just go back an hour from there. Here is a good website for those in other parts of the world.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

We still have a few more slots open. We are really excited to have many people online signing up to interact with us here in Okinawa. Thank you!

IAV8

This was a great time working with the members of the Okinawa Squadron and other members around the  US (and Korea).  I have nothing but good to say about the class and how it was conducted.  I'm looking forward to the Level III education in the future.
Capt. Donnelly

DocKibbey

Captain Swanson,
I just wanted to express my thanks for being able to attend your SLS online course.  It was very informative and well run from my perspective and offers a great future opportunity for past, present and future Senior members to be able to accomplish their training for various Levels. I would recommend future courses to anyone.  Having never done any online courses like that I think that the few technical issues were not a big deal as you in pretty consistent contact with myself via email.  I also look forward to future course opportunities.  If there is anything I can assist you with at anytime please feel free to contact via email and I will do my best to assist you from CONUS.

Thanks again,
"Doc" Kibbey

Private Investigator

Captain Swanson,

Job well done sir   :clap:

a2capt

This whole thing sounds so interesting, that I wished I needed the class still, and had signed up.

Maybe get involved next time and teach something.

swanny

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I really enjoyed conducting the class and it was great to touch base with CAP members back in CONUS. We plan on conducting a CLC at the end of this year using the same format. I will let everyone know as we get closer the specific details. Thanks again for making the Okinawa Cadet Squadron's first SLS a success.  :clap:

Captain Swanson