Aerospace- Cadet Officer Tests

Started by schreiberboy, August 02, 2006, 11:16:19 PM

schreiberboy

Hi everyone....I just got my Mitchell and received the Aerospace- The Journey of Flight book in the mail. 
How is this book supposed to be read/done?
I know in Phase 1 and 2 you could do it in any order and there was a test on each module. 
How does it work for this book and how exactly are the tests broken up?   
In other words, for Achievement 8 what would I need to know?
and Achievement 9 for c/1Lt?
Thx!
c/2d Lt Daniel Schreiber, CAP
LTC BnCo, Camden Military Academy

schreiberboy

Quote from: schreiberboy on August 02, 2006, 11:16:19 PM
Hi everyone....I just got my Mitchell and received the Aerospace- The Journey of Flight book in the mail. 
How is this book supposed to be read/done?
I know in Phase 1 and 2 you could do it in any order and there was a test on each module. 
How does it work for this book and how exactly are the tests broken up?   
In other words, for Achievement 8 what would I need to know?
and Achievement 9 for c/1Lt?
Thx!
let me correct myself...
for Achievement 9 what would I need to know?
and Achievement 10 for c/1Lt?
c/2d Lt Daniel Schreiber, CAP
LTC BnCo, Camden Military Academy

MIKE

Quote from: CAPR 52-16 Fig. 2-5.Cadets must complete one test per achievement in Phase III and one test for achievements 14, 15, and 16 in Phase IV. The tests
can be taken in any order, but a different test must be passed for each achievement. When possible, cadets should take the test
that corresponds to the Aerospace Dimensions module that they are mentoring. Some chapters in Aerospace: The Journey of
Flight (11-17, 20, 22) are not included in the course of study for cadets. Phase III and IV aerospace tests are open book.

Also, it's C/2d Lt and C/1st Lt per CAPR 52-16 Fig. 2-6.

Get in the habit of looking stuff up in publications, you'll need to do this for SDAs etc.
Mike Johnston

A.Member

The text book is also available on-line at no charge through CAP eServices.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Newhall

ahh yes the online link is very helpful.  also there are tests for all enlisted leadership and all aerospace at:

http://mdln.hws.edu/cap/modules/index.asp

and heres the textbook (or at least a link leading up to it):

http://www.geocities.com/ncrsd050/cg.html

C/2d LT Newhall
Thunderbird Composite Squadron
RMR-UT-067

SJFedor

I believe that there's units that are clustered together for the aerospace test. The first one is like 1, 5, and 6 or something like that.

Plus, aren't all the aerospace tests for officers open book?

See CAPR 52-16, Section 2.7, para C:

c. Aerospace Education. In Phase III, the primary goals of aerospace education are for cadets to investigate advanced concepts in aerospace science and technology, and solidify their understanding of aerospace fundamentals by helping junior cadets pursue their aerospace studies. To complete Achievements 9, 10, and 11, cadets must pass a test of their aerospace knowledge using CAP Test 63. These un-timed, multiple-choice tests are conducted open-book and based on selected chapters of Aerospace: The Journey of Flight (see Figure 2-4). Cadets may take the tests in any order, passing a different test for each achievement. If possible, cadets should study the Aerospace: The Journey of Flight chapters that most closely match the Aerospace Dimensions module being studied by the cadets they are mentoring or instructing. The passing score is 70%, correctable to 100%. See CAP Test 63 for additional instructions on how to administer the tests.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Newhall

yes they are all open book... but realize that all of the phase tests aren't. and now that all the phase tests are cummulative it is helpful to have that as a study guide.
C/2d LT Newhall
Thunderbird Composite Squadron
RMR-UT-067