USAF transition to OCP

Started by JK657, February 17, 2018, 04:40:22 PM

SARDOC

Quote from: foo on February 18, 2018, 01:53:37 AM
Quote from: coudano on February 17, 2018, 08:45:45 PM
Should have just kept woodland and made it "ours".  Annnnd.  Done.

That would make it a Corporate UniformTM, which we already have. Personally, I think eliminating camouflage uniforms altogether (at least for senior members) would be a great way to go.

Agreed, I like the BBDU's especially now with the darker nametapes.  It seems to represent more of what we actually do.  I've seen FEMA USAR teams, SAR Organizations, Disaster Medical Assistance Teams.  Teams from Metropolitan Medical Response system teams all wearing a Blue BDU variant of one form or another.

CAPLTC

Quote from: abdsp51 on February 22, 2018, 02:49:19 AM
Uniforms aren't really issued on a deployment line anymore.  If you need them they are purchased at the Supply Store.

Yes they are.
I always end up with different kit when I deploy.
When was the last time you deployed to a warzone?  ;)
"Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they're so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact." -- SECDEF Mattis

abdsp51

Quote from: CAPLTC on February 23, 2018, 12:01:23 AM
Quote from: abdsp51 on February 22, 2018, 02:49:19 AM
Uniforms aren't really issued on a deployment line anymore.  If you need them they are purchased at the Supply Store.

Yes they are.
I always end up with different kit when I deploy.
When was the last time you deployed to a warzone?  ;)

Are you USAF?  Uniforms for deployments are not issued.  They are purchased and not taken back if there is a different type required than the normal uniform. 

CAPLTC

Quote from: abdsp51 on February 23, 2018, 12:32:31 AM
Are you USAF?  Uniforms for deployments are not issued.  They are purchased and not taken back if there is a different type required than the normal uniform.

Army here.
The USAF bubbas I work with always get issued theater-specific uniforms.
The folks heading to the CENTCOM AOR sure as heck aren't purchasing $3000 worth of OCP to head downrange.
What are you talking about?

More importantly: When do I get to wear my OCP/Multicam to CAP meetings?
Pretty sure Ned said real soon in some prior reply. :)
"Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they're so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact." -- SECDEF Mattis

abdsp51

Quote from: CAPLTC on February 23, 2018, 01:01:27 AM

Army here.
The folks heading to the CENTCOM AOR sure as heck aren't purchasing $3000 worth of OCP to head downrange.

The AF bubbas unit makes the purchase for them.  Issued implies an expectation of being returned.  I am very familiar with the AF deployment process.  So please try again...

kwe1009

Quote from: abdsp51 on February 23, 2018, 01:08:11 AM

Army here.

The AF bubbas unit makes the purchase for them.  Issued implies an expectation of being returned.  I am very familiar with the AF deployment process.  So please try again...

I am Air Force and have deployed many times and have never had to purchase theater specific uniforms.  Since when did the AF make people pay for all of that gear?  MCSS where I am doesn't even sell the theater specific uniforms or related items.

abdsp51

Quote from: kwe1009 on February 23, 2018, 02:09:53 AM
Quote from: abdsp51 on February 23, 2018, 01:08:11 AM

Army here.

I am Air Force and have deployed many times and have never had to purchase theater specific uniforms.  Since when did the AF make people pay for all of that gear?  MCSS where I am doesn't even sell the theater specific uniforms or related items.

Your clothing items were/are purchased by your unit.  The gear helmet, cover IOTV are provided from IPE. 

SarDragon

And the contest is once again ended without prejudice.

Click.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret