Average CAP Flt Training Costs / AC Availability

Started by RiseAbove, June 23, 2008, 12:47:55 AM

WT

Yeah, but you forgot to tell you had "millions" of hours on flight sim.  See ya in a few weeks, Capt DG!

SJFedor

Haha, not millions, but I would definitely have a star and wreath on my wings if it all counted....  :P

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

DG

Allstar, Fedor?

I still have that tire.

Should I take a picture of it and put it on here for all to see and ask for critique?

SarDragon

Oh, this sounds good. You have my affirmative vote!
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

SJFedor

Quote from: DG on July 01, 2008, 02:41:24 AM
Allstar, Fedor?

I still have that tire.

Should I take a picture of it and put it on here for all to see and ask for critique?

:o :o I thought I recognized those initials....

It's one of those lessons learned. And besides, you passed me on my solo stage check  ;D

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations

SAR-EMT1

I believe a story needs to be told.

All in favor say Aye !
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

SJFedor

Long story short, I was a post-solo student working on short field landings in a 172 I hadn't really flown much before. Put it down and got on the brakes a little harder then I needed to, and put a nice bald spot in the tires. Must have landed on the same spot a few times because, the next day, I was partway through one of my solo XC's and noticed the tire started to have cord showing. Stopped the flight, made phone calls, and got the tire replaced at the field I was at. Continued on my merry way.

If DG is the person I think he is, he kept the tire, partially as a teaching aide, and partially to bust my cohones about it, even 4 years later :P :P :P

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver

DG

Fair enough, Captain Steven.

As a teaching aid, the identities of individuals never are and never will be disclosed.  Including the instructor who endorsed you and released you in that a/c for your long solo cross-country. 

And it is good, from time to time, to bring you down to earth.  ;D

DG

As of 1 July 2008, the Pennsylvania Wing aircraft rates per hobbs hours are as follows:

C-172 - $ 76.00

C-182 - $113.00

C-182RG - $119.00

U-206 - $135.00

Maule - $ 96.00

GA8 - $125.00

These rates include maintenance, fuel, equipment, and oil.

Each rate is calculated by fuel usage and maintenance cost from National. The Aircraft rates are continually evaluated for rate adjustments.

FW

Quote from: SJFedor on July 01, 2008, 06:41:59 AM
Long story short, I was a post-solo student working on short field landings in a 172 I hadn't really flown much before. Put it down and got on the brakes a little harder then I needed to, and put a nice bald spot in the tires. Must have landed on the same spot a few times because, the next day, I was partway through one of my solo XC's and noticed the tire started to have cord showing. Stopped the flight, made phone calls, and got the tire replaced at the field I was at. Continued on my merry way.

If DG is the person I think he is, he kept the tire, partially as a teaching aide, and partially to bust my cohones about it, even 4 years later :P :P :P

What is it with you DYL people?    ;D

DG

Quote from: WT on June 30, 2008, 07:55:52 PM
Yeah, but you forgot to tell you had "millions" of hours on flight sim.  See ya in a few weeks, Capt DG!

Capt DG refers to the fact that Fedor was named the "Distinguished Graduate" Mission Pilot at the 2007 NESA MAS.

And WT was his Instructor Mission Pilot.

WT

Which, one would conclude, obviously he learned much from his past "learnings" and that it was a teaching aid!

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: DG on July 01, 2008, 12:07:38 PM
As of 1 July 2008, the Pennsylvania Wing aircraft rates per hobbs hours are as follows:

C-172 - $ 76.00

C-182 - $113.00

C-182RG - $119.00

U-206 - $135.00

Maule - $ 96.00

GA8 - $125.00

These rates include maintenance, fuel, equipment, and oil.

Each rate is calculated by fuel usage and maintenance cost from National. The Aircraft rates are continually evaluated for rate adjustments.

I think its amazing that one wing could have such variety in airframes.

Ive been in CAP for about eight years and I still have yet to see the bottom four.

Then again, Ive never yet seen a CAP Colonel.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328

CASH172

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on July 01, 2008, 06:59:49 PM

Ive been in CAP for about eight years and I still have yet to see the bottom four.

I think you have to look at how often those airframes are even available within the wing.  The GA-8 is a region asset so it's not always gonna be in the same wing.  I have a feeling the 206 mentioned is NER too, but PAWG might have their own. 

Also, don't you have to get to a wing conference anyhow to complete your PD requirements and see a Col once. 

SJFedor

Quote from: FW on July 01, 2008, 01:46:30 PM
Quote from: SJFedor on July 01, 2008, 06:41:59 AM

What is it with you DYL people?    ;D

I'm a rehabilitated DYL person  >:D

Quote from: DG on July 01, 2008, 12:03:50 PM
And it is good, from time to time, to bring you down to earth.  ;D

You were always the one person screaming insisting that I focus.  ;D

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver

Short Field

[Then again, Ive never yet seen a CAP Colonel.

;D  If you ever meet me, take a look at the back of my pants.  For some reason I tend to have a CAP Col on it most of the time.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

SAR-EMT1

C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328

Short Field

SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Eclipse

Then its time for you to spend a little time up North where people live.   ;D

We had a Maule about 6 years ago, the Region GA-8 is at Wing HQ, and we had generals and colonels at the Region conference, guided training event I'm sure there were a few (Colonels) at Johnson, and there are bound to be several at Summer.

"That Others May Zoom"