Help with inserting an image in a post

Started by RedFox24, January 06, 2010, 03:31:46 PM

RedFox24

OK dumb question here........

I use to be able to insert images into post with IE8 by copy and paste and by the insert image icon on the tool bar.  Now I cant do either and the insert image icon "doesn't do anything" in IE8.  I have to use Google Chrome to get the insert image tool to work, but cant copy and paste.

Is it me, my computer, IE8, bad memory, wrong sign of the moon...........?  Confused. :'(
Contrarian and Curmudgeon at Large

"You can tell a member of National Headquarters but you can't tell them much!"

Just say NO to NESA Speak.

Eclipse

Is javascript disabled?  You have to have that on for the buttons to work.  IE8 might disable or limit that.

If you have a full link, you can just use the  tags around the link w/o the button as well.

"That Others May Zoom"

RedFox24

all the other buttons work on the tool bar though................?  does copy and paste not work?
Contrarian and Curmudgeon at Large

"You can tell a member of National Headquarters but you can't tell them much!"

Just say NO to NESA Speak.

Eclipse

Quote from: RedFox24 on January 06, 2010, 03:40:26 PM
all the other buttons work on the tool bar though................?  does copy and paste not work?

You mean like copy to the clipboard and then paste into the message?  No.

The only way I've ever gotten it to work was by copying the link off the URL bar (or right-clicking the image and choosing "copy image URL"),
pasting the URL into the message, selecting the URL and hitting the image button.

"That Others May Zoom"

Bluelakes 13

Kelly,

I have noticed that too.  I have lost my Ctrl-C & Ctrl-V capabilities on blog sites like Blogger.  Although I think my Thinkpad sites work.  I need to test that.

How freeking annoying.  I guess some call it progress....

Thank the gods for simple tools like Frontpage ( <- that should set Bob off!! )

Eclipse

Using Frontpage makes angels cry and kills kittens.    :'(

"That Others May Zoom"

Bluelakes 13

EEEK.  Pretty severe.

I guess I will go back to my Notepad then.

;D

MIKE

Image tags working for me in Internet Exploiter/Exploder, but I'm not using the default theme.
Mike Johnston

dogboy

Quote from: RedFox24 on January 06, 2010, 03:31:46 PM
OK dumb question here........

I use to be able to insert images into post with IE8 by copy and paste and by the insert image icon on the tool bar.  Now I cant do either and the insert image icon "doesn't do anything" in IE8.  I have to use Google Chrome to get the insert image tool to work, but cant copy and paste.

Is it me, my computer, IE8, bad memory, wrong sign of the moon...........?  Confused. :'(

I don't understand this either and the responses don't help.

There's a button that inserts the html tags  in a message. That's clear enough. But where does one upload the the image to be placed between the tags?

SarDragon

Well, you can upload pix to the Gallery.

Then insert the URL into an image tag.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Don't they all still need admin approval before they show up?

That delay is why I don't use it.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

I don't specifically recall, but I think the one I posted showed up right away.

Yup, just posted one, and it's right there.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret