New Cap talk members not CAP members

Started by manfredvonrichthofen, May 28, 2010, 07:24:41 PM

manfredvonrichthofen

I am a new CAPtalk member, I was robert.killion, I know I am not a CAP member yet, I was as a cadet, and I am waiting on my new membership as a sr member. I love CAP it was the single greatest thing I did. I want to get back into it really badly. If not being a CAP member offends you please just tell me how to delete my profile and I will do it until I get my membership confirmed.

I am truly sorru I have offended some people with my posts, I really am. I never meant to offend anyone.

High Speed Low Drag

I don't see a problem.  You are still participating with a unit.  Jsut let us know when your memebrship comes through so we can give you a toast.
G. St. Pierre                             

"WIWAC, we marched 5 miles every meeting, uphill both ways!!"

manfredvonrichthofen

High Speed Low Drag,

I know I have offended some, very unintentionally, I called the Viet Nam War a police action, only because that is what the history books called it. I know very well that it was a war and thought that I had made that clear but I guess not.

Майор Хаткевич

I've never seen a history book call Vietnam a police action.

YMMV

manfredvonrichthofen

While I was a senior a new history book came out calling it a police action, even there it caused a raucus.

NIN

Here's a hint, hooah:  Take a knee.  Listen. Relax. Look around.  Listen some more. Read.  Hear what people are saying and talking about.  Think before you post.  Have an idea for a great post?  Type it into Notepad on your PC, then save it and read it again 12-24 hrs later. Is that post *really* that good even later?

When your squad leader says "A'right, everybody, listen up," you take a knee, shut your pie hole and listen, right?

Tis a far, far, better thing to have people think you're a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on May 28, 2010, 07:37:47 PM
While I was a senior a new history book came out calling it a police action, even there it caused a raucus.

So why use it if you don't agree with it? One historian with a new book does not outweight hundreds of others. Unlike Afghanistan and Iraq, there were actual armies in Vietnam to fight.

a2capt

Maybe I live a sheltered life, I do read a lot, am fairly observant, etc- but I have never, until here, heard it called a "police action" and my first thought was, "wow, someones trolling big time" because that comes off as an offensive reference to me, and again, I never heard it called that before. So.. wow. Considering the source, seeming like every other post could be taken as troll bait of a sort, I just opted to pass.

Eclipse

Quote from: a2capt on May 28, 2010, 09:56:37 PM
Maybe I live a sheltered life, I do read a lot, am fairly observant, etc- but I have never, until here, heard it called a "police action" and my first thought was, "wow, someones trolling big time" because that comes off as an offensive reference to me, and again, I never heard it called that before. So.. wow. Considering the source, seeming like every other post could be taken as troll bait of a sort, I just opted to pass.

Like it or not, "police action" has been a euphemism used officially for a number of undeclared wars since WWII.  It was first used by President Truman to describe the actions in Korea.

That doesn't make it "right", or potentially less offensive to everyone involved, but its certainly not "new".

"That Others May Zoom"