Main Menu

Add a Leadership Forum?

Started by A.Member, March 11, 2008, 05:31:11 AM

Should CAP Talk add a Leadership Forum?

Yes
No

A.Member

Curious as to thoughts on adding a Leadership Forum to CAPTalk.  Obviously, there is nothing binding in the polling or discussion here and, of course, any decision is up to the generous folks that run the board (and they may not be interested in making such a change).  Nonetheless, I think it could be a worthwhile forum and as such the question is worth asking. 

Clearly there are various styles of leadership and a dedicated forum would be a chance to share ideas and experiences as they relate to the general topic.  For example, the forum could be used to share presentations, discuss leadership objectives and issues, share tools and tricks of the trade (sts).  These issues could be addressed currently via individual threads in the Lobby forum (or other forums) but it might be nice, and the subject is probably important enough, to have a dedicated forum.

With that said, please vote above as to whether you'd like to see a Leadership Forum.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

mikeylikey

I think this whole place is already one big leadership forum, just broken down into areas different than at say a website like Cadetstuff......
What's up monkeys?

A.Member

Quote from: mikeylikey on March 11, 2008, 12:14:28 PM
I think this whole place is already one big leadership forum, just broken down into areas different than at say a website like Cadetstuff......
I understand some share that viewpoint, as eludeded to in my original post, but disagree with the statement that this site is one big leadership forum - it's not, although plenty of leadership topics/issues are brought up.   

The idea of a dedicated forum would be to focus on true leadership principles, concepts, etc. (as opposed to discussing uniform changes, CAP's strategic direction, etc.).   I envision it as more of a focused "how to" forum - for lack of a better description.  Ex. might be how to motivate squadron - particularly senior members, how to reinforce leadership qualities in cadets (moreso than attending a weeklong NCOS or BCOS), approaches to disciplinary issues, etc. 
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."