Best gear Bag you own for CAP or other

Started by Persona non grata, July 21, 2012, 10:17:36 PM

N7MOG

My Voltij had only one poorly stitched spot, I repaired it easily.  So far it hasn't pe-ucked its contents on the ground.  With a little thought, the day pack is perfect for me @ 24 Hr Pack with my web belt.  The main pack and a custom orange B4 bag I had made years ago holds all (and too much more) of my 72 Hr and other replenishment gear.  Let's see...I was hoping for two bags and now have three.  In time some stuff will be removed, just like my years of maintaining deployment bags in the Service.  Always something better, along with "I've never used/needed THAT anyway"!!!
Bill Collister
SDWG DC
Cadet in 1968-1973 (Mitchell Award)
Collecter of knowledge since then, finding out my parents got real smart about the time I turned 18....
Improvise, Adapt and Overcome - Semper Fidelis

The original content of this post is Copyright (c) 2014 by William Collister.  The right to reproduce the content of this post within CAP-Talk only for the purposes of providing a quoted reply, by CAP-Talk users only, is specifically granted. All other rights, including "Fair Use," are specifically reserved.

Stonewall

Quote from: Eclipse on November 05, 2012, 01:55:22 AM
Quote from: isuhawkeye on November 05, 2012, 01:40:37 AM
Here is a solid kit bag. 

https://www.goruckgear.com/Gear/Details/mil-kit-bag-sand

And yes it's probably to expensive.

Nice bag, but Captain CreepyStare isn't doing them any favors.

Ha!  I know that guy.  His name is Lou and is full-time cadre for Go Ruck.  A retired Special Forces guy and one of those guys that knows how to drink a lot of beer bring the pain to the "rucktards" during Go Ruck Challenges.
Serving since 1987.

NM SAR

My most favoritest pack of all time? Osprey Argon 85 liter mountaineering pack.

if you're talking duffel-type bag, I like this nameless duffel I got from REI. has compression straps, a full-length zipper, and is about the size of a sea bag. handles punishment pretty well.

isuhawkeye

Quote from: Stonewall on February 02, 2013, 11:55:17 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on November 05, 2012, 01:55:22 AM
Quote from: isuhawkeye on November 05, 2012, 01:40:37 AM
Here is a solid kit bag. 

https://www.goruckgear.com/Gear/Details/mil-kit-bag-sand

And yes it's probably to expensive.

Nice bag, but Captain CreepyStare isn't doing them any favors.

Ha!  I know that guy.  His name is Lou and is full-time cadre for Go Ruck.  A retired Special Forces guy and one of those guys that knows how to drink a lot of beer bring the pain to the "rucktards" during Go Ruck Challenges.

That certainly is Lou, and along with bringing the pain GoRuck makes some pretty good gear.