Best gear Bag you own for CAP or other

Started by Persona non grata, July 21, 2012, 10:17:36 PM

Eclipse

Quote from: MSgt Van on November 05, 2012, 12:50:21 AM

Here you go. This one has a few miles on 'er.

If that what this is called?  That's what I use for long CAP trips, camping, etc.

Awesome.

I've also got a parachute bag which is about 1/2 the size, similar config, that I use for carrying less stuff.

"That Others May Zoom"

SARDOC

Quote from: MSgt Van on November 05, 2012, 12:50:21 AM

Here you go. This one has a few miles on 'er.

In the Navy those were just called parachute bags.

isuhawkeye

Eclipse

Quote from: isuhawkeye on November 05, 2012, 01:40:37 AM
Here is a solid kit bag. 

https://www.goruckgear.com/Gear/Details/mil-kit-bag-sand

And yes it's probably to expensive.

Nice bag, but Captain CreepyStare isn't doing them any favors.

"That Others May Zoom"

Garibaldi

Is that a tree in back of him or a ponytail?
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Garibaldi

sad. woulda completed the d-bag look he has on his face.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

♠SARKID♠

I have a Kelty BRT for my 72 hour gear and use a discontinued Eagle backpack for a daypack/overnight bag.

devone529

Quote from: SARDOC on November 03, 2012, 09:06:19 PM
Quote from: devone529 on November 03, 2012, 12:24:25 PM
www.cheaperthandirt.com  ;D :clap: ;D amazing MOLLE and much more, and its all CHEAPER THAN DIRT

Just a fair warning that everything I have ever purchased from cheaper than dirt has been defective and useless.   Just FYI

Really? 'Cause all of the reviews for the bag I'm looking in to are Great! :clap:
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemDetail.aspx?sku=PACK-120
"The Americans will always do the right thing... after they've exhausted all the alternatives." — Winston Churchill

SARDOC

I've purchased items from Cheaper than dirt and they must be seconds, the stitching either isn't complete or lined up correctly.  I had one where the Pocket was stitched closed.  Another Pocket where the bottom to the pocket wasn't stitched and so on.  I've purchased magazine where the follower wouldn't push rounds to the top, or the top was defective so that it would lock but the last round wouldn't feed and so on.

After trying four different products and returning all four, I'm just not happy with Cheaper than Dirt.  YMMV.

N7MOG

Try www.guerrillapacks.com
The have a Voltij - 55L 10L - Adventure Backpack for $150 that has a removable daypack included.  It is available in orange so whichever way you wear the pack it doesn't restrict your visibility to others as badly as Molle or army surplus gear.  Just my 2 cents.
Bill Collister
SDWG DC
Cadet in 1968-1973 (Mitchell Award)
Collecter of knowledge since then, finding out my parents got real smart about the time I turned 18....
Improvise, Adapt and Overcome - Semper Fidelis

The original content of this post is Copyright (c) 2014 by William Collister.  The right to reproduce the content of this post within CAP-Talk only for the purposes of providing a quoted reply, by CAP-Talk users only, is specifically granted. All other rights, including "Fair Use," are specifically reserved.

N7MOG

Voltij on sale now for only $65!!!!  www.guerrillapacks.com  No monetary interest in this company, just a good product.
Bill Collister
SD WG DC
Bill Collister
SDWG DC
Cadet in 1968-1973 (Mitchell Award)
Collecter of knowledge since then, finding out my parents got real smart about the time I turned 18....
Improvise, Adapt and Overcome - Semper Fidelis

The original content of this post is Copyright (c) 2014 by William Collister.  The right to reproduce the content of this post within CAP-Talk only for the purposes of providing a quoted reply, by CAP-Talk users only, is specifically granted. All other rights, including "Fair Use," are specifically reserved.

Turbine 33

In my opinion you have no business owning a GORUCK until you have EARNED it by completing a GRC.

Also, cheaper than dirt sells garbage. Save up a little longer and buy something real. Not everything that looks cool and military really is. CTD is selling GI 5.56 magazines for $99. They need to go out of business ASAP.
1st Lieutenant
Group 1 ES Ofifcer
Communications Officer
Jefferson 55

Jefferson 133

a2capt

Well, GoRuck has no problem selling their products to anyone who wants to pay the premium price for them. So..
In fact, that's the whole point. To sell merchandise. GRC is a fun marketing method to sell their products, not a pre-requisite to making a purchase. In fact, they don't even require their own products to be purchased to participate in their events. Though showing up with something else .. would probably be kinda like wearing Trax shoes to PE. ;)

johnnyb47

Quote from: N7MOG on December 01, 2012, 05:58:59 AM
Voltij on sale now for only $65!!!!  www.guerrillapacks.com  No monetary interest in this company, just a good product.
Bill Collister
SD WG DC

I bought one. thanks.
The promo packs are factory seconds in one way or another... will let you know how mine looks when it arrives.
Capt
Information Technology Officer
Communications Officer

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

68w20

Quote from: johnnyb47 on January 03, 2013, 07:23:34 PM
Bill Collister
SD WG DC

I bought one. thanks.
The promo packs are factory seconds in one way or another... will let you know how mine looks when it arrives.

I picked up a Sniper Daypack from Guerilla for school at the beginning of the semester, and I haven't been impressed.  I carried a laptop and textbooks in it daily for about 3 weeks before I started noticing that it was starting to develop minor rips at numerous points around the bag (top handle, main pocket seam, laptop pouch seam).  After four months it's starting to fall apart.  Admittedly, I'm fairly mean to my bags, but the $10 Walmart special that I used prior to this help up much better and for longer than the Guerilla Pack.

johnnyb47

Quote from: 68w10 on January 03, 2013, 10:01:41 PM
Bill Collister
SD WG DC

I bought one. thanks.

I picked up a Sniper Daypack from Guerilla for school at the beginning of the semester, and I haven't been impressed.  I carried a laptop and textbooks in it daily for about 3 weeks before I started noticing that it was starting to develop minor rips at numerous points around the bag (top handle, main pocket seam, laptop pouch seam).  After four months it's starting to fall apart.  Admittedly, I'm fairly mean to my bags, but the $10 Walmart special that I used prior to this help up much better and for longer than the Guerilla Pack.
I'm a glutton for money wasting. :)
I buy a lot of cheaper stuff to test it out and let others know of the success stories.
Admittedly the success stories are few and far between.
Capt
Communications Officer

Hawk200

Quote from: RogueLeader on October 26, 2012, 10:06:17 PM
[lmgtfy]molle gear[/lmgtfy]

Just expect to pay more for molle and it also depends on color.  Multicam is about double of other colors.
Look for the colors that nobody wants. I got a 3 color desert ruck put together for less than a $100. The same thing in ACU would probably be about $650. In Multicam, probably about $900.

If I hadn't been stubborn about wanting 3 color sustainment pouches, it probably would have been about $75. You can get Multicam sustainment pouches for about $20. I spent about 35 on 3 color desert.

Don't worry about it being color coordinated. The Frankenstein look will let yours stand out, be easier to find.

johnnyb47

Bill Collister
SD WG DC

I bought one. thanks.
So my Voltij arrived today.
Other than the orange color being slightly off the color pictured (which could be due to lighting, exposure, etc) I can't find what makes this a 'promo pack'.
All zippers, clips, fasteners, attachments and seams look good. All three bags are included so it isn't missing any parts.
I'll toss my gear in it, carry it around and let you know how long it takes to explode.
Thanks again!
Capt
Communications Officer