Best gear Bag you own for CAP or other

Started by Persona non grata, July 21, 2012, 10:17:36 PM

Persona non grata

What the best gear bag you have owned or currently own? Do you use it for CAP or other type duties?

Here I go....

S.OC BOB from MCSS, purchased 6 years ago and still in perfect condition.

5.11 24 HR Bag &72, I use the 24 hr as a station bag and the 72 hr for deployment.
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

abdsp51

I used an old fashioned A-bag for the longest time for work then switched to a Blackhawk Raptor pack.  Went to to the GCSS pack in 09 and now I bought a SOC BOB and we'll see how it holds up.

Strick

I went from a S.O.C from MCSS to a 5.1124hr back pack and I am never looking back.
[darn]atio memoriae

ol'fido

2005 Chevy Colorado(4 door). Red, if you must know.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

devone529

What bag is best for my first bivouac? It needs to be chreap, effective, and durable.
"The Americans will always do the right thing... after they've exhausted all the alternatives." — Winston Churchill

RogueLeader

Quote from: devone529 on October 26, 2012, 11:37:45 AM
What bag is best for my first bivouac? It needs to be chreap, effective, and durable.

Cheap and Effective is not Durable
Effective and Durable is not Cheap.

Unless you scour ebay.  You can get a good alice pack fairly cheaply.  but Your Mileage May Vary (YMMV)

Here is one:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/ARMY-Large-ALICE-PACK-USED-Frame-Straps-Pad-GOOD-complete-/190744519574?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c69426396
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

manfredvonrichthofen

Alice equipment is sturdy, but finding pouches and other items for it is getting increasing harder to find. For now, it can still be found, and fairly cheap, but as time progresses, it will get harder and harder to find. With the current items being MOLLE,  they are easier to find, and as I have used both, both in CAP and the Army, I have found MOLLE equipment much more comfortable and easier to use. To each his own though.

RRLE

You can use ALICE clips to attach a lot of non-ALICE gear to the ALICE system. The clips are widely available.

devone529

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on October 26, 2012, 03:17:56 PM
Alice equipment is sturdy, but finding pouches and other items for it is getting increasing harder to find. For now, it can still be found, and fairly cheap, but as time progresses, it will get harder and harder to find. With the current items being MOLLE,  they are easier to find, and as I have used both, both in CAP and the Army, I have found MOLLE equipment much more comfortable and easier to use. To each his own though.
well thanks to you all, but where can i get MOLLE equipment?
"The Americans will always do the right thing... after they've exhausted all the alternatives." — Winston Churchill

RogueLeader

[lmgtfy]molle gear[/lmgtfy]

Just expect to pay more for molle and it also depends on color.  Multicam is about double of other colors.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

a2capt

The back end of the vehicle I'm in, and the table that is designated "mine" at Mission Base.  :)

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Spaceman3750

High Sierra makes a big red rolling duffel that serves as home to my gear. It's pricey but good stuff.

devone529

www.cheaperthandirt.com  ;D :clap: ;D amazing MOLLE and much more, and its all CHEAPER THAN DIRT

docbiochem33

Used to have one of the cloth flight "foot lockers"  I could pack all my stuff and the kitchen sink.

SARDOC

Quote from: devone529 on November 03, 2012, 12:24:25 PM
www.cheaperthandirt.com  ;D :clap: ;D amazing MOLLE and much more, and its all CHEAPER THAN DIRT

Just a fair warning that everything I have ever purchased from cheaper than dirt has been defective and useless.   Just FYI

RogueLeader

Quote from: SARDOC on November 03, 2012, 09:06:19 PM
Quote from: devone529 on November 03, 2012, 12:24:25 PM

Just a fair warning that everything I have ever purchased from cheaper than dirt has been defective and useless.   Just FYI

All my ammo worked as intended, but I never bought any gear so YMMV.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

MSgt Van

AngelWings

Quote from: MSgt Van on November 04, 2012, 03:27:46 PM
My old AF mobility bag does the trick.
Could you post a picture of it? I am interested into what it looks like  :)

MSgt Van

Here you go. This one has a few miles on 'er.

[attachment deleted by admin]