Main Menu

Cadets with a brain

Started by thatonekid, May 16, 2011, 11:05:19 PM

Eclipse

Quote from: ol'fido on May 18, 2011, 09:29:53 PM
Hey, Bob! My house is two hundred yards behind the auto parts store in that picture. Where'd you get that?

Heh...black van, that's my new gig...

(actually right on the motel's website...)

"That Others May Zoom"

indygreg

Quote from: ol'fido on May 18, 2011, 09:15:04 PM
Quote from: Bluelakes 13 on May 18, 2011, 04:31:56 PM
Back in the day when I was Asst. Wing ESO, we had a big SAREX that I was going to serve as GTL in.  One of the requirements was to bring your 72 hour pack, for inspection or signoffs, or whatever it was.  I showed up to my team without one.  The Wing ESO came up to me and asked, where is your 72 hour pack?!?!  With a straight face, I pulled out my credit card. 

Not many placed in IL where a couple hours walk wont get you to an intersection with a motel...

Yes, Jim, even down here in Southern Illinois we are usually only a couple of hours walk from a hotel. And not too many years ago it would have been a GRAY PLAZA hotel/motel. About 50 years ago Congressman Kenny Gray decided to go into the hotel business and do some farming. Everytime he bought some farm land however somebody would go and build a highway or an interstate through the middle of his farm. Luckily, the interstates and highways also went right by his hotels that he had built in the middle of nowhere.

Gotta love politicians!

NM SAR

Quote from: ol'fido on May 18, 2011, 03:00:35 AM
Quote from: GroundHawg on May 17, 2011, 06:42:57 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on May 16, 2011, 11:51:08 PM
Quote from: thatonekid on May 16, 2011, 11:40:01 PM
I think its funny to go through the threads and listen to the senior members moan and groan about the cadets and their ridicules gear...

I don't think most of us are ragging on cadets as a class.  Silly is silly, cadet or senior.

I agree. There is a SM type in a local unit that is the biggest Mall Ninja I have ever seen. Just make sure you have equipment that works, it doesnt have to be the latest, greatest or tactical.
Heh..Heh...He said Mall Ninjas. I have never heard that term before. Is that another name for Mall Cops. I swear that a few years ago I went down to the Paducah, KY mall and the mall cops were wearing black BDU pants with bloused combat boots and carrying collapsable PR-24s plus Mace, 2 sets of cuffs, Mag-Lite and Mini-Mag Lite, Radio, Cell Phone, and Beeper. These guys made Galls profit margin.

see this link for the Shrine of the Mall Ninja. (good for a laugh or 6) http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/