Main Menu

ARCHER Costs and Benefits

Started by Turk, May 04, 2011, 01:43:06 AM

sardak

Quotea GeoTiff is not GIS Data.  Its just a georectified image...
A GeoTiff with its corresponding TFW world file is a GIS ready image. The software produces the GeoTiff and the world file.

Mike

EmergencyManager6

image vs Data is a diffrent story.

The engineers claim that they can give is a Shapefile for each type of spectral signature.

GIS folks have better image data than CAP can give them, we dont care about the picture.  But the hyperspectral data is what counts.

...still waiting for a shapefile from deepwater....

JC004

Quote from: davidsinn on May 04, 2011, 06:08:19 PM
Quote from: bosshawk on May 04, 2011, 05:57:19 PM
Perhaps CAP should donate the remaining operational ARCHER systems to the USGS, then sell the airplanes.

Naw, keep the airvans. They would be awesome for o-rides. I ran the numbers and the per cadet cost is a fair bit lower than a 172 if you have all the seats installed and filled. Also they are great training platforms for scanners. I was on a sortie with 3 scanner trainees in the back and I think we could have loaded one or two more before we hit max gross.

Also, the benefit of being able to transport enough donuts for an entire large mission's personnel.

SarDragon

Quote from: JC004 on May 05, 2011, 12:05:43 AM
Quote from: davidsinn on May 04, 2011, 06:08:19 PM
Quote from: bosshawk on May 04, 2011, 05:57:19 PM
Perhaps CAP should donate the remaining operational ARCHER systems to the USGS, then sell the airplanes.

Naw, keep the airvans. They would be awesome for o-rides. I ran the numbers and the per cadet cost is a fair bit lower than a 172 if you have all the seats installed and filled. Also they are great training platforms for scanners. I was on a sortie with 3 scanner trainees in the back and I think we could have loaded one or two more before we hit max gross.

Also, the benefit of being able to transport enough donuts for an entire large mission's personnel.

Are you sure about that?  >:D
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret