Blue Field Uniforms (BBDU)

Started by majdomke, July 11, 2019, 10:49:55 PM

majdomke

I've searched and can't find so hope the post isn't a duplicate. I'm getting ready to switch back to BBDUs. Too heavy and bearded. Regardless, I've got the uniform ordered which leads me to insignia. I'm on Vanguard and while they still show ultramarine insignia, they show the new dark blue insignia "is worn above the left pocket on the BDU, ABU and Blue Field shirt". Now before this sets off the debate about Vanguard vs. regs, let me add this. In the past I had a SM buy something on Vanguard that wasn't in the regs. When he went back to Vanguard they produced a NHQ authorization letter signed by Gen Smith that was never announced or published. Now with that out of the way, does anyone know of anything official authorizing the new dark blue insignia on the Corporate Field Uniform?

Eclipse

Yes, the ABU transition letter from 2016 included the dark blue insignia for the BDU and BBDU CFU.
https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/CAP_Transition_to_ABUs_0138683E8BE29.pdf

"3. The phase in period for wear of the ABU will begin on 15 June 2016. Members will wear
the ABU with the dark blue tapes and insignia as outlined in the attached wear instructions.
Vanguard will begin accepting orders for the new devices on 15 June 2016. The Battle Dress
Uniform (BDU) may continue to be worn until the mandatory phase out date of 15 June 2021.
CAP will also begin to transition to dark blue tapes on the Corporate field uniform and BDUs
with a mandatory wear date of 15 June 2021
. Members are not required to change the tapes
on existing uniforms until the mandatory wear date; however, all devices on the uniform must
match. The attached wear instructions will constitute regulatory guidance on the wear of the
ABU until a revision to CAP Manual 39-1 is released."

"That Others May Zoom"

majdomke

Knew I could count on you. I ignored that letter because it was regarding ABUs. Thanks. Now I don't need to buy new tapes. Got plenty of the new ones from when we transitioned.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Spam

I used to serve to live, but the tips weren't that great.

Cheers
Spam

Fester

Quote from: Spam on July 12, 2019, 02:11:57 AM

I used to serve to live, but the tips weren't that great.

Cheers
Spam

Probably should have been a better server.   ;)
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996