Change of Command Ceremony

Started by Eeyore, March 10, 2009, 03:37:31 PM

Eeyore

I searched the forums for a Change of Command Ceremony script and came up empty handed. We are about to change over to a new c/CC, anyone have a script for a ceremony?

Thanks in advance.

jimmydeanno

http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/u_081503135155.pdf

CAPP 3 - Guide to CAP Protocol.

There is a good description on Page 1, Chapter 2.  Then see attachment 4 on how to do it.

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Eeyore

jeders

As someone who just did a change of command ceremony, no matter what script you use make sure that you practice it.  ;D
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

dtims1

If you look at FM 7-21.13, Appendix C you will get the script for the ceremony.

Gunner C

Quote from: dtims1 on March 11, 2009, 06:49:25 PM
That would be an Army change of command.  They are different.

PHall

AFI 36-2203, Chapter 7, Section D has the Air Force Change of Command ceremony script.

RiverAux

Thought I saw this in one of the CAP pamphlets...

jimmydeanno

Quote from: PHall on March 12, 2009, 12:30:51 AM
AFI 36-2203, Chapter 7, Section D has the Air Force Change of Command ceremony script.

And CAPP 3 has the Civil Air Patrol version.  The AFM one is written to be performed with a parade and reviewing stand, etc.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

USADOD

Quote from: jimmydeanno on March 12, 2009, 01:16:16 PM
Quote from: PHall on March 12, 2009, 12:30:51 AM

And CAPP 3 has the Civil Air Patrol version.  The AFM one is written to be performed with a parade and reviewing stand, etc.

Oh wouldn't that be nice.  ;D
Jorvon Brison, SFO, CAP
DCC, Detroit 100th "Red Tails" Composite Squadron
Wright Award  #3495
Mitchell Award #54039
Earhart Award #13385

RogueLeader

Glad I found this.  It is very helpful.  Just wish that we had enough cadets to have a parade.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

flyguy06

Quote from: Gunner C on March 11, 2009, 11:10:26 PM
Quote from: dtims1 on March 11, 2009, 06:49:25 PM
That would be an Army change of command.  They are different.

No, they areally aren't that different. Just cause its an army reference doesn't mean it should automatically be dismissed. I have seen Air Force changes of command and its pretty much the same ceremony. They have the incoming commander, the outgoing commander, the senior commander, and the NCO (or cadet in CAP's case) there is the unit guidon.

The four of them form a square and go through the ceremony. Its a very surreal ceremony. I like the reading of the meaning behind the ceremony. Its great.

The four form a square. The NCOIC gives the guidon to the outgoing CC to signify his last of loyalty to the commander. the outgoing CC passes the guidon to the Senior Commander as a symbol of relinquishing the unit to thehigher echelon because can never be without an officer in command. The Senior Commander passes the guidon to the incoming Commander to symbolise his trust in the new commander and that makes the appointment official. The incoming CC passes the guidon to the NCOIC as a symbol of trust in the NCO corps. The NCOIC returns to the formation and gives the guidon back to the guidon bearer.