Firearms Training Guidelines

Started by Captain St. Clair, March 29, 2013, 12:37:53 PM

lordmonar

Quote from: Eclipse on March 30, 2013, 08:37:22 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on March 30, 2013, 08:15:17 PMI notice you don't take up the flight training argument.  Why can we teach cadets to fly but not to shoot guns or do first aid?   If it is liablilty.....I would think that CAP would have similar regulations against that as well.   You have asserted that it is agains the regs......but I still see no regulations so stateing.

I didn't take up the flight training argument because it is also irrelevant to the discussion.

One is allowed, one isn't.  Why doesn't matter, and that's an attitude more members should adopt.

The rules for firearms & first aid training are specific, and any other interpretation smacks of "you can't make me". 

Can you name a single good reason to wear the CAP uniform when you are clearly acting as an agent of another organization?  Convenience is not an acceptable answer since
everyone has civvies.
And there's the switch.

You have asserted again firearm and first aid training have "specfic" rules that forbid CAP member performing said training.......and I asked CITE PLEASE.

Then you switch the argument for me to show "a single good reason to wear......"  I don't have to.....as I am not asserting any rules one way or the other.....you are.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: lordmonar on March 30, 2013, 09:32:03 PMYou have asserted again firearm and first aid training have "specfic" rules that forbid CAP member performing said training.......and I asked CITE PLEASE.

Cite what?  The rules that require that training be provided by outside parties?

See 52-16, 900-3, & 60-3. Nothing new there.

Are you asserting that this training can be provided by members with no coincidental outside affiliations?

"That Others May Zoom"

Luis R. Ramos

Eclipse-

Wrong on
QuoteWhat AHA rules might be.

I posted on a previous memo I am a current AHA instructor. And I have taught under the ARC as well. I post as a dual-hat CAP and AHA volunteer!

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Eclipse

Quote from: flyer333555 on March 30, 2013, 09:39:44 PM
Eclipse-

Wrong on "what AHA rules might be.

I posted on a previous memo I am a current AHA instructor. And I have taught under the ARC as well. I post as a dual-hat CAP and AHA volunteer!

Flyer

Great.  Wear an AHA golf shirt and move on.

"That Others May Zoom"

Luis R. Ramos

But... but... I am at a CAP activity!  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(

You mean bully, are making me cry... NOT!

I have read those regulations a thousand times. It does not say what you want them to say. They only say a certified instructor, and hands-on practice.

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer

lordmonar

Quote from: Eclipse on March 30, 2013, 09:39:30 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on March 30, 2013, 09:32:03 PMYou have asserted again firearm and first aid training have "specfic" rules that forbid CAP member performing said training.......and I asked CITE PLEASE.

Cite what?  The rules that require that training be provided by outside parties?

See 52-16, 900-3, & 60-3. Nothing new there.

Are you asserting that this training can be provided by members with no coincidental outside affiliations?
No....but neither can FAA training....but you are not saying that our flight academies are NOT CAP activities.  Or that CAP members providing flight training in CAP aircraft have to wear civilian clothes...........ergo....your assertion that Fire Arms Training approved by wing that must be provided by a LE/military/NRA RSO has to be done by someone who represents LE/Military/NRA ONLY does not carry through.

If CAP is okay with a CAP Member who is an FAA CFI giving instruction to cadets........why are they not okay with a CAP member who is also an ARC First Aid Instructor or A CAP member who is an NRA RSP giving instrution in their own dicsiplines?   YOU assert that it is "clearly" against the rules......Now I'm a college graduate with dyslexia and I don't see that "clear" rule anywhere in 52-16, 900-3 or 60-3.   And we recently just took a bunch of our cadets to a wing approved, NRA run shooting class.......and we are in the process of getting several of our members to get NRA instructor qualified so we don't have to charge our cadets an arm and a leg for range fees.   

So....unless you can cite chapter and verse......you are wrong!
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

I have to go shred ES history...

"That Others May Zoom"

Luis R. Ramos

Eclipse-

That I agree wholeheartedly.  >:D

You are the best shredder these boards sport!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer

cap235629

Quote from: Eclipse on March 30, 2013, 02:24:04 AM
Quote from: lordmonar on March 30, 2013, 02:11:15 AMA CAP member who is also a qualfied NRA rirearms instructor may provide the training or a military RSO.
Not in their capacity as a CAP member.

Just as a member who is a First Aid instructor may provide that training, but not in their capacity as a member.

Bob,

I have the same approval from NHQ to provide Firearms Instruction as an HAA.  I am also dual hatted and the PRIMARY Instructor all with NHQ approval.  There is an old saying in the RM, "There is a waiver for EVERYTHING". I think your geographical bias is showing in your interpretation of the rules.

Love ya man, but NHQ outranks YOU..

;) ;) ;) ;)
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé