Did anyone else chuckle when you read this?

Started by Stonewall, January 27, 2009, 08:39:20 PM

Stonewall

I know Safety is no laughing matter, but I'm sorry, I laughed a little...

From the Sentinel Safety Newsletter:
Bodily Injury
*Cadet did a back flip off pool edge and struck pool edge with front teeth
*Cadet injured finger trying to catch a football
*Senior member injured by falling crowbar
*Cadet injured shoulder doing push-ups
*Cadet sitting outside during ground team training, leaned forward and received foreign object in nostril

That's why cadets shouldn't be "sitting outside" during ground team training.  He should have been doing flutter kicks, push-ups or reciting the Rescue Creed or something  :P
Serving since 1987.

swamprat86

JoeTomasone

I don't read the Sentinel - gives me too many ideas.    >:D

I actually laughed out loud at that one.  I mean c'mon you don't see that object there?

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

swamprat86

I want to know what the "object" was.  Was it possibly self-inflicted?

RiverAux

I had seen it and thought of bringing it up here, but couldn't come up with a worthy enough punchline. 

alamrcn

Did anyone else GROAN when you read...

QuoteBodily Injury

YOWEEE!!! I'd much rather get hit by that falling crow bar. And BTW, did it say "ACME" on it?

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

JROB

Im glad im not the only one who thought that it was funny
Maj. Jason Robinson
Squadron Commander, Desoto Composite Squadron
SER-MS-096

"If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life"-Igor Sikorsky

RiverAux

I don't think the injury was that funny, but the way they wrote it up certainly was. 

jb512

Quote from: RiverAux on January 27, 2009, 11:05:43 PM
I don't think the injury was that funny, but the way they wrote it up certainly was. 

I'd certainly point and laugh at you if you had a foreign object in your nostril.

JROB

Quote from: RiverAux on January 27, 2009, 11:05:43 PM
I thought the way it was written was funny
Maj. Jason Robinson
Squadron Commander, Desoto Composite Squadron
SER-MS-096

"If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life"-Igor Sikorsky

BuckeyeDEJ

Bodily Injury
*Cadet injured finger trying to catch a football
*Senior member injured by falling crowbar
*Cadet injured shoulder doing push-ups
*Cadet sitting outside during ground team training, leaned forward and received foreign object in nostril[/color]

How does a cadet injure himself doing push-ups? How?

Don't get me wrong. I have sympathy for the affected in the backflip and nose incidents, and hope they learned an unfortunate lesson in using common sense. In the case of the football, accidents happen sometimes. And for the crowbar? Bet it's from Acme.

But injuring a shoulder doing push-ups? That's incredible.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

RiverAux

Why would that be so crazy?  You're asking muscles to do something and sometimes things go wrong. 

Al Sayre

Quote from: swamprat86 on January 27, 2009, 09:31:20 PM
I want to know what the "object" was.  Was it possibly self-inflicted?

Dollar says it was a finger... :D
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

MIKE

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's hilarious.  ;D
Mike Johnston

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: alamrcn on January 27, 2009, 10:25:41 PM
Did anyone else GROAN when you read...

QuoteBodily Injury

YOWEEE!!! I'd much rather get hit by that falling crow bar. And BTW, did it say "ACME" on it?

The pool incident got a roomful of groans when it was read at our safety meeting.

I guess they forgot to mention the other poor soul got out of the way of the ACME anvil only to get hit by the crow bar

Eclipse

Cadet: "Last night I had a great idea for an activity, but this morning I can't seem to put my finger on it..."

"That Others May Zoom"

tarheel gumby

:D >:D :D >:D :D >:D
Those write ups always crack me up.......now that being said I have a child that once went to a Dr's office for an object in one nostril and was back 5 minutes later for a sticker up the other.  ;D He got the sticker at the Dr's Office.
Joseph Myers Maj. CAP
Squadron Historian MER NC 019
Historian MER NC 001
Historian MER 001

♠SARKID♠

Quote*Cadet sitting outside during ground team training, leaned forward and received foreign object in nostril

RedFox24

Not very PC of NHQ, shouldn't they have said "international" object instead of "foreign"?
Contrarian and Curmudgeon at Large

"You can tell a member of National Headquarters but you can't tell them much!"

Just say NO to NESA Speak.