Main Menu

ALEA Site

Started by Flying Pig, December 29, 2009, 12:26:41 AM

Flying Pig

http://www.alea.org/memorial/details.asp?ID=10015

For those who are interested.  I got the ALEA to add Lewis.

JROB

Maj. Jason Robinson
Squadron Commander, Desoto Composite Squadron
SER-MS-096

"If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life"-Igor Sikorsky

MikeD

I wish I'd had the chance to know him, but I didn't get into CAP until later, and was mostly working our 15s and 18s up to that point.

bosshawk

As I have previously posted, I knew Ed quite well.  I flew with him a few times and spent some real quality time with him on occasions.  He could be extremely demanding and stern, but had a sense of humor that snuck out every once in awhile.  He truly could not stand incompetence nor waffling and made short work of folks who exhibited those qualities.  A very strong individual in every way.

He had been the CAWG CC and at one time was the Vice CC at National, so he had been around.  He also was a retired Colonel from the CA National Guard, having flown Bird Dogs in VN, in the Mekong Delta.  At the time of his death, he was the DO for Pac Region.  There were very few important jobs in CAP that he hadn't filled at one time or another.

Sort of a disjointed memory of a fine guy, but one that I wanted to post at 2315 at night.  A tragic mishap and one that most of us will never truly understand.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777