On io9 tonight... (somewhat CAP related)

Started by CAP.is.1337, August 05, 2009, 04:16:11 AM

CAP.is.1337

Here's a new take on the "Eyes of the Home Skies" poster I stumbled across via io9.

Original:

New:

Interesting...
1st Lt Anthony Rinaldi
Byrd Field Composite Squadron – Virginia Wing

Earhart Award: 14753
Mitchell Award: 55897
Wright Bros Award: 3634

cap235629

Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

CAP.is.1337

Quote from: cap235629 on August 05, 2009, 04:17:46 AM
I see a C&D letter.......yeah right

I guess he could say it's art, but since he's donating some proceeds to the EFF, I'd guess that'll go over like a lead balloon.

QuoteIn Brian Moore's update of WWII propaganda posters, nations are brought down not by armies and guns, but by blogs and tweets. Hang one up and show your support for net neutrality, Wikipedia, and information pirates.

In an imagined WWIII, our governments try to discourage us from blogging and tweeting, while troops are encouraged to seed their MP3s. And I'm sort of longing for a Rosie the Riveter poster with the subtle Reddit alien badge.

Moore plans to sell the posters, with 25% of proceeds going to the Electronic Frontier Foundation.

http://io9.com/5330104/the-third-world-war-will-be-fought-over-information/gallery/
1st Lt Anthony Rinaldi
Byrd Field Composite Squadron – Virginia Wing

Earhart Award: 14753
Mitchell Award: 55897
Wright Bros Award: 3634

DC

Quote from: cap235629 on August 05, 2009, 04:17:46 AM
I see a C&D letter.......yeah right
This would be one situation where I wouldn't complain if they did send one.

Changing the wording on someone else's poster and reusing it is just plain lazy and uncreative.

SarDragon

The item is likely in the public domain. CAP has few copyrights and trademarks that I can find, and something as far back as WWII would probably have expired by now. If this originally came from the US government, then there never was an IP consideration, anyway.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret