New CAP Membership Card makes me sick!

Started by mikeylikey, September 05, 2007, 11:11:29 PM

JohnKachenmeister

Gene:

The CAP seal, the eagle sitting on the clouds above the shield, with the 13 stars has been around as long as I can remember, and that means since before 1963.  I'm pretty sure it was adopted shortly after the Air Force transfered us over from the Army.

The Brazilian CAP has been around since 1950, according to their website.

"General Pineda, there are two Brazilian CAP officers here to see you."

"Gawd, how'd that many get through the door?  How many is a brazilian, anyway?"
Another former CAP officer

IceNine

ROFL

I just got my new Photo ID, and I kinda like the distortion in the picture, it makes me look skinny, and TALL
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Matt

My only question is... yes the tapes were approved... but doesn't the USAF have to approve the change to the card?  I mean a change is a change is a change, afterall.
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

mikeylikey

The tapes were approved?  The AF came down and said we will allow you to wear US Civil Air Patrol branch tapes? 
What's up monkeys?

Pylon

Quote from: Matt on September 06, 2007, 08:29:26 PM
My only question is... yes the tapes were approved... but doesn't the USAF have to approve the change to the card?  I mean a change is a change is a change, afterall.

Bah, details... why bother with 'em?   The governing AFI over CAP only says that AF must approve identification cards for CAP.   :P
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

ELTHunter

Quote from: LeoBurke on September 06, 2007, 12:38:24 AM
Holy Crap.

http://www.pacmirassol.com.br/

It is clearly a complete rip off of CAP.  But it does exist.

Maybe all the other things they said about Geneal Pineda were untrue.....

Now we know where Tony got his inspiration for the TPU ;D
Maj. Tim Waddell, CAP
SER-TN-170
Deputy Commander of Cadets
Emergency Services Officer

JC004

Quote from: ELTHunter on September 07, 2007, 01:06:26 AM
Quote from: LeoBurke on September 06, 2007, 12:38:24 AM
Holy Crap.

http://www.pacmirassol.com.br/

It is clearly a complete rip off of CAP.  But it does exist.

Maybe all the other things they said about Geneal Pineda were untrue.....

Now we know where Tony got his inspiration for the TPU ;D

And where FLWG got the idea for their wing patch.  I was looking at some pictures of the Brazilians in their fatigues.  They have the seal (OUR SEAL!) above their left top pocket.

SAR-EMT1

Now I know why we took off our Wing Patches...
Gawd, did you see the HUGE seal on the Brazillians Shoulders and on the epulets?

Im stunned to say this but, thank you Tony, for distancing us from Brazil.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

mikeylikey

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on September 07, 2007, 05:47:30 PM
Now I know why we took off our Wing Patches...
Gawd, did you see the HUGE seal on the Brazilians Shoulders and on the epaulets?

I'm stunned to say this but, thank you Tony, for distancing us from Brazil.

Or Brazil said......get your freaking patches off, we own the right to wear your patches on our sleeves!
What's up monkeys?

a2capt

Interesting - the ID card as we know it took national nearly two years to come up with. They said the Air Force had to approve it.

Meanwhile the Coast Guard Aux. has a card that looks a lot more professional, pretty darn similar to a military ID. Guess what we get?

I'll admit it is much nicer than the thing they send you at the beginning.

However- the first ones they sent out were pretty awful, so how did that get past the 'inspectors'?

Looked like they robbed the .gif file from the web site and left the transparency pixels in there.

I think CAP needs to clean up the National CC mess and the ID card mess, put a new face on the organization in both the press and at identification times so they don't snicker at us while presenting ID at the gate to get on base. ;)

JC004

Quote from: a2capt on September 07, 2007, 07:20:07 PM
Looked like they robbed the .gif file from the web site and left the transparency pixels in there.

How about they just learn to print the gray to the edges of the card?!

TankerT

I have never had a problem using the new photo ID to get onto Navy, Army and Air Force bases in CONUS, nor have I had problems using it to get onto allied military bases in Europe. 

I have never been laughed at, or been snickered at.  Just saluted, or greeted professionally, and waved through.  (With an occasional question as to why I was at the base.) 

/Insert Snappy Comment Here

JCJ

Quote from: TankerT on September 07, 2007, 07:25:59 PM
I have never had a problem using the new photo ID to get onto Navy, Army and Air Force bases in CONUS, nor have I had problems using it to get onto allied military bases in Europe. 

I have never been laughed at, or been snickered at.  Just saluted, or greeted professionally, and waved through.  (With an occasional question as to why I was at the base.) 

ditto...

CONUS only, but always greeted in the same way...

pixelwonk

I have never been laughed at, or been snickered at. 

Not by them, at least.  :P

mikeylikey

Quote from: tedda on September 08, 2007, 02:32:07 AM

I have never been laughed at, or been snickered at. 

Not by them, at least.  :P

until you drive away and they turn to their buddy and say "did you get a look at that ID card thingy.........what a joke".

What's up monkeys?

Eagle400

Quote from: a2capt on September 07, 2007, 07:20:07 PMMeanwhile the Coast Guard Aux. has a card that looks a lot more professional, pretty darn similar to a military ID. Guess what we get?
That's because the Coast Guard Auxiliary leadership actually honor their parent service.  The Coast Guard Auxiliary doesn't have a commander who comes up with a new uniform just to suit himself and defy uniform decisions made by the parent service, among other egregious acts.    

Quote from: a2capt on September 07, 2007, 07:20:07 PMI think CAP needs to clean up the National CC mess and the ID card mess, put a new face on the organization in both the press and at identification times so they don't snicker at us while presenting ID at the gate to get on base. ;)

That would take an act of Congress at this point.  That's how bad the mess has become. 

pixelwonk

Strange, my Auxie ID doesn't look so sierra-hotel to me.  Just a plain 'ol ID card, and not even half as good a window scraper as my CAP one.

mikeylikey

Quote from: ♠ on September 08, 2007, 04:20:28 AM
Quote from: a2capt on September 07, 2007, 07:20:07 PMMeanwhile the Coast Guard Aux. has a card that looks a lot more professional, pretty darn similar to a military ID. Guess what we get?
That's because the Coast Guard Auxiliary leadership actually honor their parent service.  The Coast Guard Auxiliary doesn't have a commander who comes up with a new uniform just to suit himself and defy uniform decisions made by the parent service, among other egregious acts.     

Quote from: a2capt on September 07, 2007, 07:20:07 PMI think CAP needs to clean up the National CC mess and the ID card mess, put a new face on the organization in both the press and at identification times so they don't snicker at us while presenting ID at the gate to get on base. ;)

That would take an act of Congress at this point.  That's how bad the mess has become. 

Mr Spade, may I call you that since my keyboard doesn't have a spade symbol key, The Coast Guard AUX is a true service auxiliary, whilest CAP is not.  

Side question......were you someone else before becoming "deck of cards thing"?  Like did you change your name thingy?
What's up monkeys?

PaulR

Quote from: mikeylikey on September 05, 2007, 11:11:29 PM
(General) Colgan just got his new ID Card....it says "US Civil Air Patrol" on the front of it in place of the Civil Air Patrol, US Air Force Auxiliary.  What the crap is up with that?  I give up......we are now officially the US Civil Air Patrol.  Anyone else get this new card?  I am disappointed!!

Why is this upsetting?  All of our other branches of service are preceded in title by, "US".   I dont see the issue...

mikeylikey

Quote from: PaulR on September 08, 2007, 03:48:55 PM
Quote from: mikeylikey on September 05, 2007, 11:11:29 PM
(General) Colgan just got his new ID Card....it says "US Civil Air Patrol" on the front of it in place of the Civil Air Patrol, US Air Force Auxiliary.  What the crap is up with that?  I give up......we are now officially the US Civil Air Patrol.  Anyone else get this new card?  I am disappointed!!

Why is this upsetting?  All of our other branches of service are preceded in title by, "US".   I don't see the issue...

It is not our ORGNAIZTIONS name?  Or.....it was never voted on.  Or it was never amended to the CAP constitution.
What's up monkeys?