CAP membership in military flying clubs

Started by flyguy06, December 30, 2006, 09:21:52 PM

Dragoon

I guess I'm just looking for a single case, anywhere in the United States, where someone has been 2b'd for this clause. 

If there isn't one, it lends considerable doubt as to whether it is a usable tool to solve this problem (which I know you don't think IS a problem, but that's a whole nuther kettle 'o fish).

Right now, I'd rather see work put into establishing a minimum standard for active membership, which might help us get some WORK out of these guys who do nothing.  Because they'd have a choice - work to keep your flying club priviledges or get thrown out of both CAP AND the flying club.

Result for us?  Linking WORKING in CAP to getting priviledges out of the CAP.  Increases morale of working members, and potentially gets us a little more help.  But at the expense of the dues payments of the slugs (which, personally, I'd be willing to forego, but dues money can be quite addictive...)

lordmonar

I thing it would be more productive to just ignore these guys.

Any sort of "standard of activity" would entail an additional adminstrative burden to track and monitory participation.  It would entail additional 2b's by squadron commanders who were following the regulations to the letter.  Or it would result in just another set of rules that the squadrons just ignore because there is no value added.

So I go back to my original statment.  Ignore these guys unless they are causing a problem.  If you feel you have to cut your dead weight (for what ever reason, whether it is a couple buy who join to get aero club access or some guy who joined and then never showed up again) then process their 2bs and be done with it.

If they protest...and they win....then you go right back to ignoring them.

So....ignore them in the first place and you save yourself valuable time.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

flyerthom

Quote from: wingnut on January 02, 2007, 12:17:36 AM
wow it just seems like a lot of this is a major slander and libel suit waiting to happen, I mean can we all just get along. Secret tribunals and and all that maybe we should have our own GITMO, lets profile the wierd looking seniors and they can't fly on a SAR, maybe we can eliminate all the green party members too, and everyone over 50 (oh rats that means me too)

No just kidding I really mean all democrats who drive green cars
:o

Lucked out, I have a green truck  ::)
TC