Main Menu

Possible Faker

Started by JK657, February 19, 2014, 11:02:23 PM

Storm Chaser

If he's truly an Air Force retired Lt Col, then why is he a junior enlisted with the Texas State Guard? They usually give you a grade comparable to your former military grade.

Panache

What really irks me about this story is, assuming he really WAS in CAP at some point, and assuming he really did make it to CAP Lieutenant Colonel, and I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say those badges and ribbons are legit... he put in a lot of work.  And for what?  To play wannabe?  It's disheartening.

And it's also frustrating because if the allegations are true, I can totally see that he would be the type of person hanging around the PX trolling for salutes.   >:(

NIN

Quote from: Storm Chaser on February 20, 2014, 05:18:44 PM
If he's truly an Air Force retired Lt Col, then why is he a junior enlisted with the Texas State Guard? They usually give you a grade comparable to your former military grade.

Clearly the Texas State Guard vets their members a little more stringently.

Like actually looking at their DD-214.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

sardak

According to his own social media sites, Lt Col Chevalier, CAP (ret) was a member from 1982 to 2013. Doing a little digging on the world-wide-web-of-knowledge, what I found shows he was on TXWG staff from 2003 to at least 2006 and was in a TXWG squadron in 2010. He attended SLS, RSC and NSC and has a GRW. I just found this stuff, I can't verify any of it.

Mike

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: sardak on February 20, 2014, 09:08:05 PM
According to his own social media sites, Lt Col Chevalier, CAP (ret) was a member from 1982 to 2013. Doing a little digging on the world-wide-web-of-knowledge, what I found shows he was on TXWG staff from 2003 to at least 2006 and was in a TXWG squadron in 2010. He attended SLS, RSC and NSC and has a GRW. I just found this stuff, I can't verify any of it.

Mike

1982 - so that's probably why he had the blue slides.  In recent years they're quite difficult to find (from a collector's perspective), even on EvilBay.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

MHC5096

I still have a couple of pairs of blue epaulet slides for FO, TFO, SFO and Captain in my collection from my early days as a senior member.

I also have maroon slides for SFO, Captain and Major. Of course nobody actually wants those. ;D
Mark H. Crary
Lt Col, CAP (1990-Present)
DDC-P, CGAUX (2011-Present)
MSgt, USAF (1995-2011)
QM2, USN (1989-1995)

Robert Hartigan

Also, interesting to note is the last time the FAA had a valid medical for Denny was in Aug 1994 and it was a third class.  I seriously doubt he is a command pilot. He is a single engine land commercial pilot according to the FAA.

If I was a commercial pilot with at least 2000 hours, I would fight to get and keep a valid medical no matter my condition. I have worked with guys that have had heart attacks and nearly sold their children into slavery to get a medical back and those were the mild manner guys. 2000+ hour guys don't settle and those that do, don't wear their wings anymore.
<><><>#996
GRW   #2717

sardak

Lt Col Chevalier (brasshat) has been a member of CAP Talk since 2005!

Mike

JK657

Quote from: Panache on February 20, 2014, 05:13:24 AM
What throws up a red flag for me is him posing in his AF blues with metal Lt. Col. grade insignia on his service coat and US lapels.  His comment was that they were switching between blue, maroon, and gray epaulets so he just "left them off" for the picture.

Just out of curiosity and in an attempt to lock down a date of this photo: When did the US pins replace CAP on officer uniforms?

Garibaldi

Quote from: JK657 on February 21, 2014, 02:24:08 AM
Quote from: Panache on February 20, 2014, 05:13:24 AM
What throws up a red flag for me is him posing in his AF blues with metal Lt. Col. grade insignia on his service coat and US lapels.  His comment was that they were switching between blue, maroon, and gray epaulets so he just "left them off" for the picture.

Just out of curiosity and in an attempt to lock down a date of this photo: When did the US pins replace CAP on officer uniforms?
Sometime  in the late 1990s, or early 2000's
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

GroundHawg

Around 1995. I was a cadet when the switch was made and remember buying the US cutouts at WPAFB.

a2capt

To a faker, it matters not when the change was.. they're already not using the correct stuff ;)

Storm Chaser

I searched for Dennis H. Chevalier Linked In profile and when I found it with his picture in Google, I got the following message when I clicked on it:

An exact match for docchevalier could not be found.

I thought that was strange as it had the same picture posted with his ACUs.

I found another profile with the same name, which stated the following under Summary:

Professional Investigator, Jury profiling, Criminal Profiling of violent serial rapists.
Expert in deception recognition.
We specialize in those that steal Valor under the Stolen Valor Act of 2006.
Member of the Texas Military Forces (Army Division -NCO)
Professional; educator, University Adjunct, combative arms instructor
Certified Medical Investigator by the American Board of Medicine and the ACFEI and Certified by the Board of Homeland Security.
Texas DPS CHL instructor
Federal Firearms License dealer

He list his experience as a Non-Comissioned Officer with the Texas State Guard (2 years), a Chief Investigator with Chevalier and Associates (almost 28 years), a PI Company Owner of PI Industries (28 years) and Lt Col and Mission Pilot with Civil Air Patrol (almost 32 years; retired). There's no mention of his alleged service in the U.S. Air Force.

On education, he says he has a Master of Science in CJ (Criminal Justice?) from Colorado Technical University. No mention of a Ph.D. or any other doctorate degree.

What I found most interesting is that under his Chief Investigator job he describes the following:

We profile serial rapists and catch them.
We perform investigations of all types and provide a free service on exposing people that steal Valor and impersonate U.S. Military forces that wear awards they didn't earn..

Is it the same person? Unfortunately, I didn't see any pictures with this profile to confirm it. ???

Storm Chaser

Strange. I can no longer find his profile in Linked In. Hmm... I did find the following link:

http://www.yatedo.com/p/Dennis+Chevalier/normal/894a775ee6f8393c13bfd98260a923ff

Panache

From what I understand, it IS confirmed that he is a currently a Corporal in the Texas State Guard, so "NCO" would be accurate.

a2capt

When you find people via Google, pointing at Linked In, you can see more if you are logged out. (of Linked In)

It tries to sucker you into paying to upgrade otherwise.

He may have smoked his Linked In due to getting the attention, too.

HGjunkie

I checked his linkedin yesterday (free premium trial) and thats the right person.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

A.Member

There is nothing "confusing" or "possible" about it.  He's a flat out liar, plain and simple. 

CAP doesn't need people like him.  I'd be curious to see what he listed on his application.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Private Investigator

He is a faker and it does not surprise me. We have some strange folks on a CAP Talk and even stranger people in CAP, JMHO and YMMV   8)

BillB

If I put on my CAP application that I served 4 years as Presidentof theUnited States, do you think it would get by Suzie Parker?
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104