CAPP 70-3 Emergency Services Officer Specialty Track Study Guide - March 2018

Started by Eclipse, March 05, 2018, 11:22:35 PM

RiverAux

Quoteany time you start looking for CAP resources that are more then a few hours drive away, you've identified an area where the wings
and regions have failed to properly man and equip their own people.

I think that on most DR-related issues we're on the same page, but I wouldn't go that far.  Louisiana and Mississippi Wings could not have handled Katrina taskings with their own personnel even with Wings that were twice as big.  I will say that if we had 2-3 times more ES qualified personnel than we do now (which I figure is what we would need to really be able to promise that adequate crews would be available for all air,ground, and base taskings for a 3-5 day mission) that the need for drawing resources from far away would be much reduced.

QuoteCAP ES response is supposed to be local.
You couldn't be more wrong.  I refer you to the purposes of CAP found in US Code Title 35 Section 40302
QuoteThe purposes of the corporation are as follows:
(1) To provide an organization to—
(A) encourage and aid citizens of the United States in contributing their efforts, services, and resources in developing aviation and in maintaining air supremacy; and
(B) encourage and develop by example the voluntary contribution of private citizens to the public welfare.
(2) To provide aviation education and training especially to its senior and cadet members.
(3) To encourage and foster civil aviation in local communities.
(4) To provide an organization of private citizens with adequate facilities to assist in meeting local and national emergencies.
(5) To assist the Department of the Air Force in fulfilling its noncombat programs and missions.

Eclipse

That's "national" in the general sense, in that CAP is a "national" organization,
not a mandate to be able to deploy people from AKWG to PRWG.

And if it's really a mandate, then CAP hasn't complied within the membership of anyone
involved today, if ever.

The airplanes will always be an issue because they are a hard asset issued and deployed
as much for political and convenience reasons as mission support, and by their nature the
crew in it is transported to the DA, but the myriad people needed, not to mention advanced
Logisitcs support simply don't exist.

"That Others May Zoom"