Main Menu

Change in terms?

Started by NCRblues, February 29, 2016, 06:55:21 PM

ALORD

Quote from: Starfleet Auxiliary on March 01, 2016, 06:51:17 PM
Quote from: THRAWN on February 29, 2016, 06:59:12 PM
That works if all of the adult members are officers. Since they're not, this looks like the left and right hands operating independently.

Hopefully this means my internalized request for SMWOG to be converted to "Temporary Third Lieutenant" is in the works!"

I guarantee you this will increase membership!

Would you like to know more?

How about " Provisional Supernumerary, unassigned 2LT ( Designate) awaiting Power Point presentations and online testing" ( Or more simply, "PSU2LT(D)APPP&OLT") Remove and replace "2LT" if the member is applying for NONCOM  or a higher "Officer" rank for specialties that provide for it. (I.e, Doctors, Lawyers, and other exceptions) or rank commensurate with grade held as active duty RM ( "Real Military" reg trademark, not Royal Marines. (I personally like to visualize our "Commissions" as being granted by some guy in a wife-beater T-Shirt, somewhere in Alabama, with a rubber stamp in one hand and a beer in the other)

First one to figure out how to pronounce  "PSU2LT(D)APPP&OLT)" wins.( 10 points for Gryffindor!)

When I am asked about CAP Grade and Rank, I usually explain our "Officer" status and how we fit into the pyramid  by drawing an imaginary line in the air with the words "Active Duty "RM" at the top, Reserves, National Guard, SMR, etc. and Whale feces on the bottom ( So to speak) I used to compare our structure to the Salvation Army, but since they are paid full timers, so they may "outrank" us. I am confident that we are above Cub Scouts ( They have adult leadership) Our status as "Officers" may allow us to claim such status according to the Laws of land warfare as " Volunteer forces" assisting the Uniformed force of the regular military. This would probably work if Canada declared war on us.

On those rare occasions where I might have reason to be in public in Uniform, I am frequently stopped by people and thanked "For my service". Rather than explore the "Reg Military though whale excrement graphic", I accept the thanks on the behalf of all the members of the military, thank them for saying so, and let them know I will pass it on. ( This happens to me almost invariably in Service Dress, "Class A" uniform, and people generally can't distinguish us from actual USAF personnel)