CAP spotted (again) on History Channel

Started by pixelwonk, February 05, 2008, 04:23:08 PM

pixelwonk

I just caught a CAP Lt Col talking about the search for Congressmen Hale Boggs and Nick Begich. The History Channel featured the search of the men who went down in a Cessna 310 traveling from Anchorage, AK to Juneau.

It's also interesting to note that this search involved the first time the SR71 was used on a SAR effort.

The show is titled "Mysteries of the High Seas" It appears to air again today at 3pm CST.

Dutchboy

wonder if a video will be available on that at some point?

NIN

I caught Len Blascovich the other night on a thing on, I think, the Military Channel about WWII attacks on the US (submarines and the Japanese "balloon bombs").. I think he had about 15 seconds of screen time.

The show was called "Target: America" as I recall.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

SKYKING607

That Alaskan search video is availalbe from the History Channel.  I believe the title had something to do with the ALASKAN BURMUDA TRIANGLE or some spin-off like that.

Great video (saw it aired).
CAWG Career Captain

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: SKYKING607 on February 13, 2008, 07:05:09 PM
That Alaskan search video is availalbe from the History Channel.  I believe the title had something to do with the ALASKAN BURMUDA TRIANGLE or some spin-off like that.

Great video (saw it aired).

amazon link

The history channel has the video on youtube, I put all of the videos on the playlist below.  Haven't watched them yet so I don't know where the CAP reference is.
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=59C03E6A8C469EEA

Edited AGAIN to shorten URL -TA

sardak

The Boggs search starts in the second segment at the You Tube link, with the bulk of the search described in the third segment.  The fourth segment talks about a theoretical FBI cover-up.  However, CAP members are interviewed throughout the segments, even into the fifth segment.

Mike

♠SARKID♠

Very cool show.  And as always, I get giddy whenever CAP gets free publicity.

Now the question is when well Fossett get a similar show?