Where to find Blues

Started by stillamarine, February 07, 2010, 03:36:57 PM

stillamarine

So with me getting ready to get back involved and just going through the Police Academy and training for a marathon I have a serious need to get a new set of blues. I noticed that the Hock is picked pretty clean. Any good sources for blues that won't break the bank too bad?

Also I understand I have to switch all the BS U.S. Civil Air Patrol stuff back to the old stuff.

And I have to switch my butter bars to silver bars.

So much to do!
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

Spike

AAFES.  The catalog posts are floating around on here somewhere.  Also they offer Name and "CAP" tapes for a dollar now, and the silver "brushed" nameplate for 4 bucks too!

Nothing in your local Squadron supply?? 

stillamarine

I haven't affiliated with a local squadron yet.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

kd8gua

Depending on your locale (big city or small town) you may have one or more military surplus stores you can check for blues. I've purchased two pairs of shade 1620 pants from surplus stores. Shirts are easy to find too. Shirts in good repair however are a little more scarce.

I also purchased a set of blues (shade 1620 pants and gently worn but heavily pressed long sleeve shirt) at the local Goodwill for about $6.00. You may also try "retro" clothing stores. These stores sell used clothing, just like Goodwill, but jack the prices way up because they label everything as "vintage," instead of "worn and donated." I found my AF pullover sweater at one of these retro stores in my city.
Capt Brad Thomas
Communications Officer
Columbus Composite Squadron

Assistant Cadet Programs Activities Officer
Ohio Wing HQ

clark3830

AAFES has all the clothing you need. BUT, it wont let you purchase them without military permission.
Capt Clark

jimmydeanno

Quote from: clark3830 on February 21, 2010, 05:45:20 AM
AAFES has all the clothing you need. BUT, it wont let you purchase them without military permission.
Capt Clark

Authorization is already given for CAP members to shop at AAFES for uniform items.  Just take your CAPID to the local AAFES MCSS, get the uniform supplies you need and show your card to the cashier.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

JoeTomasone

Quote from: jimmydeanno on February 21, 2010, 05:51:33 AM
Capt Clark

Authorization is already given for CAP members to shop at AAFES for uniform items.  Just take your CAPID to the local AAFES MCSS, get the uniform supplies you need and show your card to the cashier.

Not online, though. 

SarDragon

You can call in the order. Get the item numbers online, and call the 800 number. I think there's another hoop you gotta jump through, but don't recall exactly what it is.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PHall

Capt Clark

Oh, I would just LOVE to see the regulation/manual cite for that!

We don't need "military permission". CAP is an authorized user of AAFES (Army and Air Force Exchange Service) and is allowed to shop in the Military Clothing section of the Exchange.

Spike

Quote from: JoeTomasone on February 21, 2010, 06:16:59 AM
Quote from: jimmydeanno on February 21, 2010, 05:51:33 AM
Capt Clark

Not online, though.

Again, the catalog is floating on CAPTALK.  You need to do a quick search to pull it up. 

Look at the NHQ website for the AAFES Authorization document. 

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340