Question about pumps for AF Blues.

Started by Cadet Princess, August 26, 2009, 07:01:07 AM

Cadet Princess

Can someone tell me wear I can get pumps for my Blues Uniform???
I would really like it if I didn't have to order them.

Thanks!
C/CMSgt Mandalie

Color Guard Commander
Alpha Flight Commander

SarDragon

Your profile says that you live in California, so my first suggestion is to check at the closest military base. It doesn't have to be Air Force, since shoes are pretty universal across the services, especially pumps. You might have to hit up a friend with base access, if it isn't an AF base.

Failing that, get a picture off the Vanguard site, and take it to a local shoe store, and show them what you need. IIRC, my sweetie got more than one pair of pumps to wear with her Navy uniform at civilian shoe stores so she could get the correct size. You might have to shop around a bit, but, unless you live way out in the boonies, someone local should have something you can wear.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

jimmydeanno

This is the shoe that my wife wears with her blues.

http://www.capps-shoe.com/store_2_1.php?prod=MTYz&cat=61

Something similar would be fine, just be sure to pay attention to the heel height restrictions in 39-1.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Airrace

Quote from: SarDragon on August 26, 2009, 07:46:34 AM
Your profile says that you live in California, so my first suggestion is to check at the closest military base. It doesn't have to be Air Force, since shoes are pretty universal across the services, especially pumps. You might have to hit up a friend with base access, if it isn't an AF base.

Failing that, get a picture off the Vanguard site, and take it to a local shoe store, and show them what you need. IIRC, my sweetie got more than one pair of pumps to wear with her Navy uniform at civilian shoe stores so she could get the correct size. You might have to shop around a bit, but, unless you live way out in the boonies, someone local should have something you can wear.

My wife got hers at Payless shoes. Take a photo of the show with you.

majdomke

My daughter bought hers at Wal-Mart... they had several different heights available in conservative black, all within regulation. If you are looking for patent-leather, you may need to visit the BX, I'm not sure.

Cadet Princess

Quote from: Lt Domke on August 26, 2009, 07:47:47 PM
My daughter bought hers at Wal-Mart... they had several different heights available in conservative black, all within regulation. If you are looking for patent-leather, you may need to visit the BX, I'm not sure.

The Wal-Mart I go to used to have them. But when I first joined they stopped selling them.
C/CMSgt Mandalie

Color Guard Commander
Alpha Flight Commander

Cadet Princess

Can the pumps have a little bit of a pointed toe?

I know this is off topic but...... anyone know how to get blue jean dye out of white clothes that can't be bleached?  ??? 
C/CMSgt Mandalie

Color Guard Commander
Alpha Flight Commander

Hawk200

Quote from: Cadet Princess on September 08, 2009, 04:16:37 AM

I know this is off topic but...... anyone know how to get blue jean dye out of white clothes that can't be bleached?  ???

Haven't ever seen any with pointed toes. You might catch some grief for it.

As for your stain, I've heard Oxyclean works. Never tried it myself.

Eclipse

If you're not going to buy actual uniform shoes, then whatever you get should look as close to these as possible:

Pumps -

Low quarter -

"That Others May Zoom"

Cadet Princess

Quote from: Eclipse on September 08, 2009, 05:28:01 AM

If you're not going to buy actual uniform shoes, then whatever you get should look as close to these as possible:

Pumps -

Low quarter -

Wal-Mart had those pumps but they don't anymore. I've gone to Payless and all the have is pumps with pointed toes. And I don't have the time to wait for uniform pumps to be sent out. Blues night is next Wednesday.
C/CMSgt Mandalie

Color Guard Commander
Alpha Flight Commander

Eclipse

Quote from: Cadet Princess on September 08, 2009, 05:52:59 AM
Wal-Mart had those pumps but they don't anymore. I've gone to Payless and all the have is pumps with pointed toes. And I don't have the time to wait for uniform pumps to be sent out. Blues night is next Wednesday.

Which doesn't change the regs or what you are allowed to wear, and while there's going to be occasional cross-over or a lucky break, don't expect mainstream retail stores to sell much you can use for CAP uniforms.

I Googled for these and found a bunch of online sources, and of course there's always AAFES.  In the time since you posted this you could probably have ordered them twice.  I'd also be willing to bet there are one or two PD/FD-type uniform stores in your area as well.  You might try going to your local Police Station and asking a female officer or dispatcher where they get theirs - they might even have some used ones available.

Part of CAP is initiative and self-reliance.

Also, I would not suggest getting pumps for CAP, anyway - maybe for wear to formal occasions or dinners, etc., but for regular meeting use a 3-inch heel is going to be a problem for drill and similar.

Checking the Payless site...

IMHO, these are inappropriate:

But these would probably be ok:

There's a couple of others in there that you could probably sneak by with if you can pull off bows or similar.  The person you should really be discussing this with is you unit CC a female leader in your unit.

"That Others May Zoom"