Main Menu

coats

Started by stkgc, August 06, 2009, 01:54:06 AM

stkgc

what kind of coat can i buy wearing the golf shirt and grey pants?

notaNCO forever

A pink hello kitty one as far as the regs care.

IceNine

Quote from: 39-1Appropriate civilian outerwear is authorized including the light blue
windbreaker with the CAP seal on the right breast. Headgear is not required
but the CAP baseball cap may be worn.

Take a Look at CAPM 39-1 it has a search function and everything.

Linky
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

bosshawk

The black leather A-2 was designed and approved for wear with the golf shirt and gray slacks.  Of course, it is a bit warm in warmer climates.  Otherwise, there really isn't a coat designated for wear with this uniform other than the blue windbreaker.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

IceNine

Not specifically for the golf shirt but approved for wear with it, just so there is no confusion

Quote from: CAPM 39-1 Change letter 25 Jan 08the A-2 jacket was approved for wear by
CAP senior members with the aviator shirt combinations, utility uniform, CAP flight suit
or CAP polo shirt with gray slacks
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

majdomke

I thought it was a black windbreaker? The blue one would be for wear with blues only, right?

MIKE

Probably means this windbreaker:

As opposed to the Lightweight Blue Jacket.
Mike Johnston

davedove

Quote from: Lt Domke on August 06, 2009, 06:29:52 PM
I thought it was a black windbreaker? The blue one would be for wear with blues only, right?

According to the Change Letter, dated 25 Jan 08:

f. Black Windbreaker. Effective 29 June 2006, a black windbreaker was
approved as an outer garment with the white shirt and blue pants/skirt combination.

So, the black windbreaker is authorized only for the blue/white corporate uniform, not any of the other corporate uniforms.

MIKE already showed the blue windbreaker, and the black leather jacket has been mentioned.

Other than these, any CIVILIAN jacket may be worn with the golf shirt combo.  Incidentally, I read that include the other jackets that have been civilianized, or stripped of insignia.

Now, while the pink Hello Kitty jacket IS within the regs, I would try to find something a little more appropriate.  Just because you CAN wear something, doesn't mean you SHOULD. ::)
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003