Spring Issue of the Chaplain Corps Newsletter

Started by Chappie, May 06, 2009, 04:34:02 PM

Chappie

Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

caplegalnc

The newsletter is a great way to provide information about other Corps members.  I am surprised, and a little disappointed, that the legal side of the special hasn't been working in this direction.
Chief Justice
NC-019

Chappie

Quote from: caplegalnc on May 06, 2009, 08:34:33 PM
The newsletter is a great way to provide information about other Corps members.  I am surprised, and a little disappointed, that the legal side of the special hasn't been working in this direction.

Many Wing and Region chaplains have been using a quarterly newsletter for a few years now to keep the members of their respective Chaplain Corps in the loop.  "The Transmitter" has been around since the mid-late '90's and was on hiatus from 2004-2007.  There were a couple of issues of the E-news in the fall of '07 and winter of '08.   "The Transmitter" in its current format (somewhat retro to the 2001-2004 format -- but with a different look) was released in the Fall of '08.  All that is needed is someone who has a passion for the group (i.e. "the legal eagles" :)  ) and is willing to spend some time compiling material -- they don't even have to be a member of the legal community.  I know that Safety has a newsletter that is published on a regular basis.
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

Cecil DP

Quote from: caplegalnc on May 06, 2009, 08:34:33 PM
They can't bill at $250/hr for each edition. 
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

caplegalnc

$250 per hour is cheap.  Talk is cheap.  Litigation is expensive. Keeping a GTM or Aircrewmember out of a legal jam is priceless.   The more we know (or learn) from others is less we pay down the road.
Chief Justice
NC-019