Main Menu

Flight Officer Status

Started by capchiro, April 21, 2006, 04:34:15 PM

capchiro

I recently went on National's website to promote one of my people to flight officer.  When I went to the website promotion area, there was no way to promote flight officers.  When I contacted membership about this, I was informed that National doesn't track flight officer status and I could complete the paper form and keep it at the squadron.  that is all well and good, however, if and when this person attains Senior Flight Officer status and turns 21, how will I convince National that he is to be promoted to Captain, since they will have him down as a senior membr with no rank?  I am sure it can and will be done, but I am also sur ethat if something can get snafued, it will.  Has anyone had this situation come up?  Thanks,     
Lt. Col. Harry E. Siegrist III, CAP
Commander
Sweetwater Comp. Sqdn.
GA154

CAP Producer

Hello Sir,

Flight officers are local actions. NHQ does not recognize the promotions. Like the way they do not recognize cadet promotions that fall in between the milestone awards.

FO and TFO are unit level approvals as are unit commander approved.
SFO are Group Commander approved.

If the SFO has all of the SM professional development recorded in E-services and the CC can verify the service requirement then the promotion is easy to accomplish via e-services. No need to convince national.

You just have to convince your Group Commander ;D

Hope this helps.

AL PABON, Major, CAP

MIKE

Quote from: MNWG/PA on April 21, 2006, 04:58:33 PM
FO and TFO are unit level approvals as are unit commander approved.
SFO are Group Commander approved.

Quote from: CAPR 35-51. General. Criteria for promotion of CAP senior members will be applied uniformly throughout Civil Air Patrol. CAP unit supplements to this regulation in the form of publications or oral instructions that change the basic policies, criteria, procedures, and practices prescribed herein are prohibited.

Quote from: CAPR 35-5h. Flight Officer and NCO Grades. The squadron commander is the promoting authority for members assigned to his/her unit for these grades. NOTE: Flight Officer and NCO grades are not recorded at National Headquarters.

Quote from: CAPR 35-532. Promotion Authority. Each commander (region, wing, group, squadron) is the promoting authority for senior members assigned to his/her unit.

Emphasis added.
Mike Johnston

Pace

Quote from: capchiro on April 21, 2006, 04:34:15 PM
I recently went on National's website to promote one of my people to flight officer.  When I went to the website promotion area, there was no way to promote flight officers.  When I contacted membership about this, I was informed that National doesn't track flight officer status and I could complete the paper form and keep it at the squadron.  that is all well and good, however, if and when this person attains Senior Flight Officer status and turns 21, how will I convince National that he is to be promoted to Captain, since they will have him down as a senior membr with no rank?  I am sure it can and will be done, but I am also sur ethat if something can get snafued, it will.  Has anyone had this situation come up?  Thanks,     
Now to answer your other question about TiG not tracked by NHQ.  Just fill out the Form 2 and document on there the time the member has as a FO, TFO, or SFO towards their Lt or Capt promotion after they turn 21.  My friend had enough TiG with TFO and SFO for 1st Lt.  Come December, that SFO time plus his time as a Lt will get him Capt.  Just document it and put your signature on it and they shouldn't have a problem with it.
Lt Col, CAP