Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 14, 2017, 10:36:21 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  Cadet Programs  |  Cadet Programs Management & Activities  |  Topic: Lesson Plans
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Lesson Plans  (Read 1870 times)
Yoda

« on: February 23, 2005, 01:17:44 PM »

Lesson Plans
I recently held a staff training day at my squadron.  One of the things I did was to teach a class on how to teach a class.  These were the lesson plans I used.  The Drill and Ceremonies Lesson Plan is actually one that I worked up with the class right there and then.  I think it was a useful exercise, and I would be happy to recieve any feedback you all might have.
SarDragon
Global Moderator

Unit: NAVAIRPAC

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 08:48:42 PM »

An excellent source for how to construct lesson plans is the GUIDEBOOK FOR AIR FORCE INSTRUCTORS

http://www.e-publishing.af.mil/pubfiles/af/36/afman36-2236/afman36-2236.pdf

It's a large file, and has a lot of extras as related to CAP instructors, but it's the USAF bible in that area.

Chapter 6 covers writing lesson plans, and Chapter 13 covers how to give training lectures. Note that really effective lesson plans require the work from Chapters 3 thru 5 prior to doing the stuff in chapter 6.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  Cadet Programs  |  Cadet Programs Management & Activities  |  Topic: Lesson Plans