Spaatz Association Dinner Event at Winter NB Mtg

Started by Mustang, December 31, 2008, 03:51:32 AM

Mustang

Open to all, proceeds go to scholarships for cadets.   More info available at http://spaatz.org/current/dinner.php

Early-bird discount expires at midnight EST on New Year's Eve, those already planning on attending can save themselves a few bucks by registering before then.
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

Timbo

Cool.  Question though.....this caught my eye.....

QuoteThis year we celebrate the 45th Anniversary of the CAP Cadet Program. The CAP Cadet Program is the premier youth program dedicated to the development of outstanding Aerospace Leaders!

Is the Cadet Program only 45 years old???  I met CAP Cadets from World War Two, along with "Aviation Cadets" (never found out the difference between the two).

SarDragon

That would be the current iteration of the program, as designed by Jack Sorenson. I joined during the transition period, in 1964. I don't recall the mandatory changeover date, but a SWAG would be 9/64, since the new CAPF 66s were dated 9/63.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Mustang

Good catch. It should say 45th anniversary of the MODERN cadet program, aka the Mitchell/Earhart/Spaatz era, aka the Jack Sorenson era. 
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "