Main Menu

Subs?

Started by flyerthom, September 17, 2008, 02:59:19 AM

BuckeyeDEJ

You have really, really let me down.

With a subject line like that, I was expecting FOOD, man, FOOD. What is wrong with you people?

After all, I am one of those mission base types, you know....

http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=5571.0;all

;D

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

flyerthom

Quote from: IceNine on September 19, 2008, 11:52:02 PM
Quote from: RiverAux on September 19, 2008, 01:28:17 AM
Folks, the question is not whether the CAP members or the military believe that CAP sunk a sub, it is whether the Germans actually lost contact with a sub that was known to be in that general area at that general time which in fact might be the sub that CAP sunk.  You're not going to find that answer in any US military records.  They're going to be in the German records.  This has been done with almost all the German subs lost during the war. 

You have to start somewhere.  And that somewhere is to find out when/where (generally) we are claiming this was done.  After that we can start googling the crap out of the U-boat records and figure this out for ourselves.

That would be a mjor start. Maybe I missed it but I could not find it in From Maine to Mexico or any other source.

BuckeyeDEJ may be right though -  a conference call or chat over Subs might be a great way to figure this out.
TC

RiverAux

BuckeyeDEJ

Quote from: flyerthom on September 20, 2008, 04:02:21 AM
That would be a mjor start. Maybe I missed it but I could not find it in From Maine to Mexico or any other source.

BuckeyeDEJ may be right though -  a conference call or chat over Subs might be a great way to figure this out.

You know, Subway has that Scrabble game right now. Maybe one of us can win that hybrid car and donate it to CAP, or sell it and donate the proceeds. (Dunno if a Japanese car would look right with CAP or any other U.S. government organization markings.)

There has to be a definitive history of CAP's coastal patrol successes somewhere. Does the Army have that history somewhere, buried in its archives? Maybe it's in a filing cabinet at HQ AF? Or buried under years of cadet paperwork at NHQ? Only The Shadow knows....

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

bosshawk

How about the Assistant CAP Historian: he is on this blog.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777