Main Menu

Safety Education

Started by arajca, January 07, 2006, 02:38:55 PM

arajca

If you (as a senior member) have the time, take the AFIADL CAP Safety Officer course. It only take about 6 - 8 hours to read and study the material and then take the test. It provides some basic safety information, although some is out of date, and helps the unit look good by showing a commitment by the seniors to enhance their knowledge of safety.

Also, if you go to the CAP-AFIADL Student webpage at CAP NHQ, it has information on how to get AFIADL courses besides 00013 entered on your record at National.

smj58501

I also believe this course is a requirement to earn your Technician rating badge in the Safety specialty track (amung a few other accomplichments)
Sean M. Johnson
Lt Col, CAP
Chief of Staff
ND Wing CAP

Pylon

Quote from: smj58501 on January 09, 2006, 09:03:09 PM
I also believe this course is a requirement to earn your Technician rating badge in the Safety specialty track (amung a few other accomplichments)

Indeed it is a requirement for the tech rating, but I believe Capt. Rajca is advocating people take this course even if they have no intention of following the safety specialty track, simply because it is good and pertinent information for all CAP members.    ;)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

smj58501

Now why would someone ever do that  :P
Sean M. Johnson
Lt Col, CAP
Chief of Staff
ND Wing CAP

Major_Chuck

I will echo the Captains suggestion.  Even if you don't use it to pursue the Safety track the information you may find the information useful.
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

Pylon

Quote from: Major_Chuck on February 10, 2006, 04:34:39 AM
I will echo the Captains suggestion.  Even if you don't use it to pursue the Safety track the information you may find the information useful.

Personal education is just one of those things that you do, just because.  I read whatever I can and consume educational materials constantly -- not because it will further my career or advance my CAP training, but because it's something new.  I learn for the sake of learning -- perhaps it's just me; perhaps I'm an overly ideal academic. 

But yes, taking the couse even if you don't intent to pursue the safety specialty track is a great idea.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP