UPDATED: CAP Corporate Service Uniform Wear Guide

Started by AlphaSigOU, July 27, 2008, 05:00:33 PM

AlphaSigOU

If you remember the older CAP Corporate Service Uniform guide I posted here a while back, here's an updated version to include the latest and greatest information.

Please remember that this is an unofficial wear guide; it's only designed to assist the CAP member to properly wear the uniform. It is not a substitute for and does not replace current official CAP regulations, policy letters and region/wing supplements.

Much of this guide can also be applied to wear of AF-style uniforms; I haven't created one - yet. I know some dislike intensely the Tony Pineda Corporate Service Uniform, but like it or not, it's here to stay. At least wear it correctly - in fact, any CAP uniform - if you do.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

JC004

alamrcn

Chuck -

With your permission, it has been added for posterity to the Documents Library on the CAP Patches website...
http://www.incountry.us/cappatches/library.html

What an awesome resource for Officers wishing to wear this series of uniform, especially with the absence of a current 39-1. There should be such a quality and concise guide for ALL of the uniforms - redundancy be [darn]ed!

Thanks for your work, and great job!

- Ace

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

jimmydeanno

Capt Corway,

Please correct me if I'm mis-interpreting the "condensed" ICL that was published in January.

It states (emphasis mine)
QuoteThis double-breasted coat will be worn by senior member officers with
metal grade insignia, the silver nametag and CAP ribbons, badges and devices as
currently authorized on the Air Force Service Coat.

but the guide you created says
QuoteMilitary ribbons earned (in their proper order of precedence before any CAP ribbons) may be worn.

To me that says no military ribbons allowed. No?
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

MIKE

This was the reason for my as yet unfinished Wear of Military Awards, because as I recall something came out that said military awards could be worn if they were authorized to be worn on "civilian clothing".  This was back when the Portal was still up, as I posted a similar reply there.

This might be another case of something killed via revision, or just some rumor started by a phone call to NHQ.  The Uniform Powerpoint mentions 'em though.

Mike Johnston

alamrcn

Quote from: MIKEThis was the reason for my as yet unfinished Wear of Military Awards

Whoa, never even thought of it from the other direction before.
Even if CAP says, "yeah"... USA/USN/USAF/USMC/USCG might say, "neah".

Not that we [as in CAP] should be policing uniforms for the service branches, it's nice to know that a simple statement about checking with the "other guy" first might have been considered for one of our publications.

Mike, I think you are close to being able to publish an individual "dissertation" of sorts for our prior military service and actively serving membership. Make it pretty with pictures and a crosswords puzzle! Well done, sorry I didn't see it earlier.

Aside, the guide in question should continue to expound upon only CAP's directives - despite possible contradictions to another organization's policies. That is for another battle at a different time in the same war.

-Ace

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

Smithsonia

SO, do we like the new Corporate Uniform more than the Blue Blazer set up? I'm thinking about buying one of the CAP New Corporates but I haven't seen one except in pictures. It's rather tough to tell. The Service cap looks very Navy. I can't decide, any help?

With regards;
ED OBRIEN

MIKE

Mike Johnston

Smithsonia

Thanks Mike... Then I guess I'll come to the Christmas Mess nekked.
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

mikeylikey

Quote from: Smithsonia on July 28, 2008, 10:09:06 PM
Thanks Mike... Then I guess I'll come to the Christmas Mess nekked.

ummm.....a strategically placed bow in a certain location would be more than appropriate   ;)
What's up monkeys?

Hawk200

Quote from: Smithsonia on July 28, 2008, 09:50:28 PM
SO, do we like the new Corporate Uniform more than the Blue Blazer set up? I'm thinking about buying one of the CAP New Corporates but I haven't seen one except in pictures. It's rather tough to tell. The Service cap looks very Navy. I can't decide, any help?

Saw one person at a wing function showing it off. As far as appearance goes, it's just as good as the Air Force variant service dress. They both look military enough. I don't care for all the silver braid, but it's not too bad.

It doesn't look like a security guard uniform, which I think is the reason it grew on me.

jb512

Quote from: jimmydeanno on July 28, 2008, 08:03:04 PM
Capt Corway,

Please correct me if I'm mis-interpreting the "condensed" ICL that was published in January.

QuoteMilitary ribbons earned (in their proper order of precedence before any CAP ribbons) may be worn.

According to the presentation from Susie Parker in Aug 07, military ribbons can be worn on the corporate uniforms:

http://level2.cap.gov/visitors/member_services/uniform_information/

cap235629

Quote from: jimmydeanno on July 28, 2008, 08:03:04 PM
Capt Corway,

I too saw the powerpoint and called NHQ.  Ms. Parker informed me that the change was indeed real and military ribbons are authorized for wear on the CAP corporate uniform combinations (including white shirt/blue pants) IF the awarding service authorizes the wear of ribbons on civilian clothing (BTW AR 670-1 allows veterans with WARTIME service to wear their ribbons and awards on civilian clothes)
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

IceNine

I posted this to KB a while ago with no response.

There are 2 distinct ways of interpreting this portion.

1 is just as you have which say only CAP ribbons are authorized

2 is that ribbons, badges and devices authorized for the AF service coat are authorized.

It would be a little out of the ordinary to authorize military badges but specify CAP ribbons
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

jb512

From what it says specifically, RM ribbons are authorized but RM badges are not.

AlphaSigOU

I'll make the change to clarify the wear of ribbons. PTB says we can, then I don't see any major heartburn over it.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

stratoflyer

So the service cap of the CSU has to have a silver braid? But the same cap on the AF blues has a black chinstrap?
"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Heh - that pic of (then) Col. Courter and HWSRN shows him wearing the USAF General's buckle.

"That Others May Zoom"

IceNine

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4