I lost my stupid button!

Started by SSgt Rudin, May 21, 2008, 11:04:17 PM

SSgt Rudin

Aside from stealing one of another pair of pants, any one know where I can get a new one? I already went to the fabric store with another pair of pants and they didn't have any blue buttons that could pass.
SSgt Jordan Rudin, CAP

Hawk200

SSgt Rudin

Blues pants

EDIT: I guess I should specify that by "stupid button" I am referring to the stupid button on you left butt cheek that you either forget to button or unbuttons itself.
SSgt Jordan Rudin, CAP

DC

Quote from: 2d Lt Rudin on May 21, 2008, 11:15:43 PM
Blues pants
What button? Every pair of blues pants I have seen has a standard hook and eye.

SSgt Rudin

Blues pants

EDIT: I guess I should specify that by "stupid button" I am referring to the stupid button on you left butt cheek that you either forget to button or unbuttons itself.

Quote from: DC on May 21, 2008, 11:20:30 PM
Blues pants
What button? Every pair of blues pants I have seen has a standard hook and eye.

lol, see, the button you always forget about.
SSgt Jordan Rudin, CAP

MIKE

Back left pocket more than likely.  

Edit: Yours don't have another button on the inside to make sure the fly doesn't pop open?   Could cannibalize that button.
Mike Johnston

DC

Blues pants

Oh that one... Go to a craft or fabric store, I'm sure there is a suitable replacement to be had somewhere...

Hawk200

I'm a little surprised that a fabric store didn't have one that would at least be close.

The only other thing I can think of is try something like a Michaels, Jo-Ann, or Hobby Lobby. They would probably have something like that.

Another option is to get one of the sewing kits that are sold in AAFES Mil Clothing stores. Those usually have several buttons in the kit, and if I recall, they have one like what you're looking for.

RickFranz

Quote from: 2d Lt Rudin on May 21, 2008, 11:04:17 PM
Aside from stealing one of another pair of pants, any one know where I can get a new one? I already went to the fabric store with another pair of pants and they didn't have any blue buttons that could pass.
I have some in Wing Supply that are torn, that I can get what you need, if you wish to send me a PM with details and an address, I'll see what we can do.
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

JC004

I can probably send one tomorrow...send me a PM...

SSgt Rudin

Thank you for the offers, and I didn't even think of that, usually we toss unserviceable uniforms but I will check with my supply officer if we have any. I will certainly take you up on your offer if we don't. After this I think I'll be asking the supply officer if she could "strip" unserviceable uniforms of all buttons prior to throwing them out.  ;D
SSgt Jordan Rudin, CAP

♠SARKID♠

QuoteAfter this I think I'll be asking the supply officer if she could "strip" unserviceable uniforms of all buttons prior to throwing them out.

We did that when we sorted our supply.  We now have some giant medicine bottles full of BDU buttons.