Main Menu

Halloween Costumes Spotted

Started by Pylon, November 01, 2005, 01:53:01 PM

Pylon

So, what were some of the best/most amusing Halloween costumes you all saw last night or this past weekend?  :)

One of the funniest I saw was a kid (maybe 10 years old), came to my house to trick-or-treat and was dressed as a urinal.  His white T-shirt had the faucet top with the pipes and automatic flush sensor screened on it, and he had a "porcelain" bowl (made of styrofoam) sticking out from his waist.  He also had a roll of toilet paper hanging off of his arm on a roll dispenser.  I thought it was hilarious   ;D

I also spotted an East German officer.   8)

(I know we generally avoid Get-to-know-you threads, but I figured I'd try a few and see how they go.  :) ).
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

dwb

We saw lots of Darth Vader costumes.  One kid was wearing the Darth Vader costume, but didn't have the mask on.  My wife pointed this out, and the kid replied "I didn't like the mask, so I decided to just be Anakin Skywalker instead".  Clever.

The other funny one was a girl with a roll of Smartees candies pinned to her jeans.  She was a "smarty pants".  I didn't want to point out she was technically a "Smartees pants".

whatevah

hehe I didn't see anything creative.  one kid as a rent-a-cop (he said motorcycle cop), one 13 year old girl with bad makeup and a wig said she was Marilyn Monroe.   I dunno, maybe my brother saw some more creative ones, I only gave candy to 20 kids.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Matt

Well, I didn't directly see it, but I have seen photographic evidence of one interesting "Queen of the Drill Team" (of which I'll let that person respond when she reads this with more details) which I'm sure that she'd enjoy those pictures posted at next year's military ball.... LOL @ Ruesch....
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

lreichardt

Jamaican bob-sled team.  They all dressed up in speed suits, and they had built this 8-foot-long cardboard bob-sled.  They also all had jamaican wig/hats.  Very cool--and all were in Middle School.

WICAPMOM

I may be a touch bias...
Aren't these the best looking Harry Potter & Hermione Granger you've ever seen...
Julie Anne
Major, CAP ~ Commander
Milwaukee Comp Sqdn 5 (WI-061)

Matt

they look like little yous... kinda...

ladyreferee

CUTE!!! :D :D :D
My kids looked like Rambos with mud all over their faces....
CHERYL K CARROLL, Major, CAP

Horn229

I didn't see anything really cool, but I did have some woman in her late 30's or 40's come up with a group of kids, grab a few pieces of candy and walk away. Never made eye contact, said thanks or even a happy holloween, oh and no costume either. In fact, only one kid said "Trick or Treat".
NICHOLAS A. HORN, Senior Member, CAP

dwb

Quote from: Horn229 on November 02, 2005, 05:46:09 AMIn fact, only one kid said "Trick or Treat".

Yeah, what's up with that?  Several of my co-workers commented that some kids don't say anything anymore.  I make them work for their candy; no "trick or treat", no treat. :)

The exception is for really young kids.  If they're three years old, and too darn scared to say anything, I still drop some candy in their bag.

WICAPMOM

I am with you ~ no work ~ no treat!

My sister-in-law had a teenage kid come up in every-day clothes carring carring his skate board.  He said he was going as a "skate boarder".   ??? That was not really a costume.  She gave him a - 1/2 inch cube wrapped caramel.  >:D

She gave the cute kids in real costumes 4 mini candy bars. :P
Julie Anne
Major, CAP ~ Commander

airforcecolors

Quote from: Matt on November 01, 2005, 06:49:33 PM
Well, I didn't directly see it, but I have seen photographic evidence of one interesting "Queen of the Drill Team" (of which I'll let that person respond when she reads this with more details) which I'm sure that she'd enjoy those pictures posted at next year's military ball.... LOL  @ Ruesch....

Don't you dare put those pictures up at Mil Ball >:( .
There are three kinds of people in this world...people that get things, people that watch others get things done, and people that wonder what just happened...WHICH ONE ARE YOU?

Matt

Ah, you're no fun, they can go right next to pictures of Princess, Sir.

WICAPMOM

Quote from: airforcecolors on November 11, 2005, 09:26:39 PM
Quote from: Matt on November 01, 2005, 06:49:33 PM
Well, I didn't directly see it, but I have seen photographic evidence of one interesting "Queen of the Drill Team" (of which I'll let that person respond when she reads this with more details) which I'm sure that she'd enjoy those pictures posted at next year's military ball.... LOL  @ Ruesch....

Don't you dare put those pictures up at Mil Ball >:( .

Let me see now who has this photo?  ???

;D ME

Who is Mill Ball project officer?  ???

;D Again... ME

I think I see some major sucking up coming my way >:D
Julie Anne
Major, CAP ~ Commander

WICAPMOM

Quote from: Matt on November 11, 2005, 11:20:15 PM
Ah, you're no fun, they can go right next to pictures of Princess, Sir.

I have this picture too!  >:D

And that is "LT. Col. Princess, Sir" to you... :D
Julie Anne
Major, CAP ~ Commander