Main Menu

PDO materials

Started by Dutchboy, March 21, 2008, 03:47:14 AM

Dutchboy

Does anyone have power point presentations or charts, diagrams ect. that will help a PDO do a good job? basically any training materials that is out there and available. SM progression charts and CAP award requirements on a chart?

SarDragon

There is the stuff in CAPR 50-17. Have you seen that yet?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

arajca

The hardest part of PDO is getting seniors to progress - not that it's required for them, but it does help make the unit look good. Once they hit Capt, I wouldn't worry about it as much.

As for tools to help, visit the Professional Development Best Practices website. There a number of tools there to help you track PD. You'll also find an Excel spreadsheet developed to track task completions for each specialty track (checklists for each level). Shameless self-promotion here. You can also find it if you go back a couple pages on Captalk|Membership discussions.

Eclipse

Quote from: arajca on March 21, 2008, 01:25:22 PM
Once they hit Capt, I wouldn't worry about it as much.

"It's not uncommon for an officer to hold the rank of captain for upwards of six years.  The captain is the "senior airman" of the officer corps.  However, those O-3s who can't reach the level of major in six years can now at least add another shiny silver bar to each shoulder."

http://chairforce.com/fun/humor/new-orank-chart.htm

"That Others May Zoom"

SAR-EMT1

They recieve it as a parting gift at their seperation right?  ::)
Either that or they give in and sign the form transfering them to the Army as an E-5.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

IceNine

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4