Air Force Uniform Board Goes Virtual

Started by Eagle400, March 13, 2008, 06:21:04 PM

Eagle400

Just found this on an e-mail I got:

Quote from: Staff Sergeant Matthew Bates, USAF, Air Force News Agency

Air Force Uniform Board goes virtual

Airmen now will be able to submit ideas for improving Air Force uniforms with a few simple clicks of a mouse.
    By logging into the Air Force's IDEA Program Web site, airmen can select a link that allows them to submit an idea for a uniform change or update. Once submitted, ideas are routed through the same channels as other Innovative Development through Employee Awareness, or IDEA, suggestions. Any suggestions that make it to the Air Force level will be forwarded to and reviewed by members of the Air Force Uniform Board.
    This process is designed to make it easier for airmen to submit suggestions and better defines ideas by allowing airmen in the field to provide input to the uniform board without having to wait for major commands to ask for their input.
    "You will see a faster process, and you will also see more efficiencies in the system," said Col. Paul Price, an Air Force Uniform Board member. "That will allow us to make better and more timely decisions."
    The Virtual Uniform Board also will allow Air Force leaders to be more responsive to the field and provide more flexibility to board members while saving time and money.
    For further questions, contact the Air Force Personnel Center Contact Center at 1-800-616-3775, and select option 1, 1, 2.

This looks really cool.  It may be something Lt Col White should look into... perhaps the CAP Uniform Board could also go virtual, thus allowing members an easier (and faster) way to submit their suggestions and feedback. 

Flying Pig

Leave the BDU's the way they are and Air Force blues with metal ranks on our collars.  There, Ive said it.

Hawk200

Quote from: CCSE on March 13, 2008, 06:21:04 PM
This looks really cool.  It may be something Lt Col White should look into... perhaps the CAP Uniform Board could also go virtual, thus allowing members an easier (and faster) way to submit their suggestions and feedback. 

I think it's a good idea. Even more applicable to us. Get the ideas, compile them, look at them at the boards.

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: CCSE on March 13, 2008, 06:21:04 PM
It may be something Lt Col White should look into... perhaps the CAP Uniform Board could also go virtual, thus allowing members an easier (and faster) way to submit their suggestions and feedback.

Could we work on improving and simplifying the current online systems first (e.g. eServices and the WMU)? 

Whatever happend to that idea proposed here a while back about a "my.cap.gov"-type portal?

mikeylikey

Quote from: PhoenixCadet on March 13, 2008, 07:41:18 PM
Could we work on improving and simplifying the current on line systems first (e.g. eServices and the WMU)? 

Whatever happend to that idea proposed here a while back about a "my.cap.gov"-type portal?

Actually E-Services will be offline on 25 or 26 March to upgrade the interface.  It will be about 12.5% better than the current system. 

As far as my.cap.gov, that would be killer sweet.  However, E-services should be the place to do a portal type thingy now.  Once they get that straightened out we will be good.
What's up monkeys?

Tim Medeiros

the morning of the 24th is the schedule date to update the main pages, hopefully they'll change over the existing restricted applications and utilities, it would probably be easy to make this into a utility/application (utility in that all users can submit, application in that higher levels can review/action)

Airman's Roll Call this week goes into a little more detail on the AF side, http://www.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-080311-053.pdf
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811