Why we love the AF

Started by Stonewall, January 11, 2008, 05:51:13 PM

Stonewall

Maybe CAP isn't so bad after all.....  ;D
Serving since 1987.

JC004

CAP's still worse.  Add polos and all.  I mean, hell, we have 3 variations of the polo alone.

They put that new uniform against foliage and they STILL don't see that it doesn't blend in with anything?

Gunner C

She's either scratching or pulling up her pants.  Either way, she makes me look absolutely svelt!

They may not have any polos, but there are some civies in the back.

GC

mikeylikey

What's up monkeys?

jeders

Just goes to show that even if we have people in BDUs and BBDUs, it's actually not the end of the world.

Although you would think that they'd all at least be facing in the same direction.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Grumpy

Quote from: Gunner C on January 11, 2008, 06:07:42 PM
She's either scratching or pulling up her pants.  Either way, she makes me look absolutely svelt!

GC

What?  If you're a civilian GS type you gotta wear a uniform for your unit picture?

SJFedor

Not only that, but the guy in the Desert flight suit looks like he's wearing a Navy/Marine Corps style cover. Hmmmm....

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

ddelaney103

Quote from: SJFedor on January 11, 2008, 11:37:58 PM
Not only that, but the guy in the Desert flight suit looks like he's wearing a Navy/Marine Corps style cover. Hmmmm....

8 point covers are CENTAF BDU standard issue. 

Stupid, but required.

LtCol White

I don't think its appropriate, professional or helpful to sit here and pick apart a photo of USAF personnel in uniform like this. Especially in a public forum.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Pace

The command staff got punk'd by a PR guy with a bad sense of humor.  :P
Lt Col, CAP

Stonewall

Quote from: LtCol White on January 11, 2008, 11:55:12 PM
I don't think its appropriate, professional or helpful to sit here and pick apart a photo of USAF personnel in uniform like this. Especially in a public forum.

Ironically, I got the picture with caption by email from an active duty AF Lt Col.  For some reason, we're (CAP) more offended than the Air Force is.  I carry an AF CAC card myself.

The Air Force by and large admits to its relaxed military decorum.  The female colonel with hands in her pocket is standard issue at a lot of medical type units.  That same colonel who is overweight, wears an improper uniform, has an non-regulation haircut is the same colonel that would rip you a new one for failing to salute.
Serving since 1987.

lordmonar

Quote from: Stonewall on January 11, 2008, 05:51:13 PM
Maybe CAP isn't so bad after all.....  ;D

This is why I think it's funny when CAP people get all bent out of shape when they talk about uniform wear and how it will embarrass the USAF.....this is actually a good picture.  ;D
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

lordmonar

Quote from: Gunner C on January 11, 2008, 06:07:42 PM

GC

Just be glad it was not a services squadron.....the guys at the gym and the HAWC (Health And Wellness Center) wear polos, the chow hall guys wear chefs smocks (with rank!).

lordmonar

The 8-point hat is standard wear for USAF desert uniforms.....the question is why is he wearing deserts while stateside....that is NOT allowed by 36-2901 IIRC.

lordmonar

Quote from: LtCol White on January 11, 2008, 11:55:12 PM

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

All in fun sir....but you have to think....if the USAF is so concerned about how CAP portrays the USAF image....then they need to do a better job of policing their own ranks.

And I am saying this as an AD MSgt....the USAF plays a lot of lip service to physical fitness and the PT program....and uniform regulations.....but our air crews are notorious for disregarding the AFIs and there is no way that Lt Col has passed a PT test in the last 5 years...

SAR-EMT1

Flightsuit, Front-Left

Is that a General?
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

SAR-EMT1

The female colonel with hands in her pocket is standard issue at a lot of medical type units.  That same colonel who is overweight, wears an improper uniform, has an non-regulation haircut is the same colonel that would rip you a new one for failing to salute.

[/quote]

Ah... well why is Col. Francis Burns even tolerated then? -- She should be in the back
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

SJFedor

Quote from: ddelaney103 on January 11, 2008, 11:52:27 PM

8 point covers are CENTAF BDU standard issue. 

Stupid, but required.

I learned something new today!!!

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

lordmonar

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on January 12, 2008, 04:20:19 AM
Flightsuit, Front-Left

Is that a General?

Yep....a 3 or 4 star one too.

Pace

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on January 12, 2008, 04:20:19 AM
Flightsuit, Front-Left

Is that a General?
from front left to front right:
guidon bearer
3-star in flightsuit
2-star in flightsuit
2-star in desert flightsuit
1-star in ABU
CCMSgt in, well, not sure.  kinda looks like the ACU.
Lt Col, CAP