Golf shirt question

Started by star1151, October 22, 2007, 02:34:34 AM

star1151

I hate myself for even starting another golf shirt thread, but I couldn't find this answered anywhere else.

39-1 says the golf shirt may be worn untucked as long as it does not fall below mid-hip.  Since I've never seen anyone wear it like this, is it really acceptable?  Clearly it's authorized, but I don't want to look like an idiot.

Please refrain from saying I look like an idiot for wearing the golf shirt in the first place.... 

JC004

Never seen it.  I wouldn't do it.

capmaj

Your correct. For females this is allowed. For males it only applies to flight ops on hot weather days.

mikeylikey

Quote from: capmaj2001 on October 22, 2007, 02:41:47 AM
Your correct. For females this is allowed. For males it only applies to flight ops on hot weather days.

OMG!  Untuck your freaking polo on "hot days".  WHAT!  You are already wearing a freaking POLO........hell, just show up in shorts and boxers if it is too hot!
What's up monkeys?

JayT

Do you have a reg cite?
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

star1151

Quote from: JThemann on October 22, 2007, 02:50:04 AM

Do you have a reg cite?
39-1, Chapter 4, Table 4-4, section 2

(Yes, I realize that's probably not the correct format to cite in)

JayT

"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

star1151

Quote from: JThemann on October 22, 2007, 03:01:17 AM
Wow........thats odd.
Not really.  I haven't tucked a shirt in since....well, maybe elementary school?  I'll tuck it in for CAP if I must, but....

flyerthom

Quote from: mikeylikey on October 22, 2007, 02:49:49 AM

OMG!  Untuck your freaking polo on "hot days".  WHAT!  You are already wearing a freaking POLO........hell, just show up in shorts and boxers if it is too hot!

The last time I appeared in public in shorts, they tried to drag me back into the casket  :-[
The green bad isn't that hot compared to Nomex III.  When dressing ah business casual I'd keep it tucked.
TC

JayT

I'm reading 39-1.......and you can wear a trench coat with BDUs.

star1151

Quote from: JThemann on October 22, 2007, 03:09:55 AM

Ok, now THAT'S odd.

Hawk200

Quote from: JThemann on October 22, 2007, 03:09:55 AM

Been able to do that for years. The Air Force permits it, too. I've done it, ignored the ribbing I got for doing it, but it is legal.

Not too practical when you're in the field though.

JayT

Hmm, I might start.

Very 'Band of Brothers' ish.

Hawk200

Quote from: JThemann on October 22, 2007, 03:16:37 AM
Hmm, I might start.

I wouldn't. The trenchcoat nowadays is of very different materials. Easy to get dirty, easy to tear up materials. Expensive materials especially if you have the overcoat made of fabric, rather than the raincoat one.

jb512

Quote from: Hawk200 on October 22, 2007, 03:19:12 AM
Quote from: JThemann on October 22, 2007, 03:16:37 AM
Hmm, I might start.

I wouldn't. The trenchcoat nowadays is of very different materials. Easy to get dirty, easy to tear up materials. Expensive materials especially if you have the overcoat made of fabric, rather than the raincoat one.

I would.  It's quite cozy with the liner in it during meetings in the winter.  I've never gotten mine any dirtier or torn up than when I wear it over my blues.

Hawk200

Quote from: jaybird512 on October 22, 2007, 03:52:11 AM
I would.  It's quite cozy with the liner in it during meetings in the winter.  I've never gotten mine any dirtier or torn up than when I wear it over my blues.

I was referencing not using it for field work. Although I have seen CAP people wear them in the field, it's not practical and will get dirty or torn. Regular meetings aren't an issue.

jb512

Quote from: Hawk200 on October 22, 2007, 04:24:42 AM
Quote from: jaybird512 on October 22, 2007, 03:52:11 AM

I was referencing not using it for field work. Although I have seen CAP people wear them in the field, it's not practical and will get dirty or torn. Regular meetings aren't an issue.

That's just common sense.  The field jacket is appropriate for the field.

Hawk200

Quote from: jaybird512 on October 22, 2007, 04:29:44 AM

Apparently, not so common with some.

jb512

Quote from: Hawk200 on October 22, 2007, 04:32:57 AM
Quote from: jaybird512 on October 22, 2007, 04:29:44 AM

Apparently, not so common with some.

Good point.