Main Menu

The Coin Thread

Started by Stonewall, August 30, 2007, 05:08:47 AM

The CyBorg is destroyed

I haven't got any...though as I've said, I'm very much a "behind-the-scenes" type.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Pylon

Seeing this thread pop up reminded me that I never shared the TLC coin I designed back in Fall 2010.  Silver thick coins, with high-polish/mirror edges and frosted inset and 3D-relief seals with deep-set lettering.  The members attending the TLC I directed seemed to really enjoy getting them at the course graduation.

Sorry for the shallow depth of field/focus;  I don't have a good macro lens.

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

NCRblues

In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Eclipse

Are those the ones National was selling or different?  I tried to put my hands on some of those but they were already out.

"That Others May Zoom"

Pylon

Quote from: Eclipse on April 20, 2012, 12:59:48 AM
Are those the ones National was selling or different?  I tried to put my hands on some of those but they were already out.

I only needed 30 or so for my TLC, and to reach the minimum order we had to order hundreds of coins, so Tom Rehman and I coordinated minting two batches and selling off chunks of them to Wing DCP's and NHQ.  I believe there were some bought by NHQ/CP, so those very well could have been the same ones.   If there's enough interest (probably minimum 150) we could run another batch.  Nobody makes a profit (except the coin companies, heh); making additional batches of my design was just as a service to CAP members to recognize those committed to Cadet Programs.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Eclipse

Yes, I was communicating with Tom, but was too late to pull the trigger. 

They are very nice.

"That Others May Zoom"

That Anonymous Guy

I got my first today. Navy seal team 1

spacecommand

That Anonymous Guy

spacecommand

Yes, registered cadets and senior member coaches/mentors.  I got it as a coach (including a nice lapel pin, t-shirt and bag).

NC Hokie

Quote from: NY Wing King on June 10, 2012, 02:10:10 AM
Nice that comes with signing up right
Not quite, you receive the goodie bag once the first several rounds are complete, after the coach verifies some info for each team member.  If you sign up and participate, you're golden.  If not...
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

That Anonymous Guy

Quote from: NC Hokie on June 10, 2012, 04:58:58 PM
Quote from: NY Wing King on June 10, 2012, 02:10:10 AM
Nice that comes with signing up right
Not quite, you receive the goodie bag once the first several rounds are complete, after the coach verifies some info for each team member.  If you sign up and participate, you're golden.  If not...
I like it but my new Seal team one coin is never leaving my sight

Eclipse

A gift from someone who attended the most recent PCR RSC (RSC in Vegas...((*sigh*))...I mentioned I hate those guys, right?)

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

Quote from: Eclipse on July 08, 2012, 06:18:43 PM
A gift from someone who attended the most recent PCR RSC (RSC in Vegas...((*sigh*))...I mentioned I hate those guys, right?)

Neat coin. From what I understand, that view of Vegas on the coin is about as much as the RSC students get to see of Vegas, too.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

a2capt

Well, except for the view out the aircraft window if you fly in, or what you saw when you drive down I-15. Other than one night you might get to escape the compound .. for dinner, usually at the Cannery because it's close.

You're not missing much. :)

Eclipse

Vegas vs. Atterbury?  I'll take Vegas 7 days a week, not to mention the reputation of the school itself.

"That Others May Zoom"

PWK-GT

A gift from the USAR folks for a successful Warrior Training event......one of my guys even got the 1-star commander's coin.
"Is it Friday yet"