Main Menu

Forgetting To Logout

Started by MIKE, June 17, 2005, 11:25:31 PM

MIKE

I keep forgetting to logout of the forums for some reason, and sometimes when I do try to log out I get an error message.  When I try again it usually logs out fine.

What is weird is that If I forget to logout and I turn off my lappy, when I turn it back on and go to check the boards I am still logged in.  I guess I figured it should log off automatically when I exit my broswer... Before you ask, I don't have my profile set to log me in on each visit to the site.
Mike Johnston

whatevah

what's the error message?  I don't see anything in the forum's private error log, but that's mainly for incorrect password attempts and major coding errors.

as an aside, if you're the only person who uses that computer, you can leave it set to auto-login.  in actuality, it simply sets the session cookie to never expire.  if you use http://captalk.net/index.php?action=login to login, you can set the time length for the cookie, I use that when I'm on public computers, to make sure I'm logged out. :-D

I'm curious as to why your cookie isn't expiring, though.  what's your browser?
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

MIKE

Quote from: whatevah on June 17, 2005, 11:43:28 PM
what's the error message?  I don't see anything in the forum's private error log, but that's mainly for incorrect password attempts and major coding errors.

I'm curious as to why your cookie isn't expiring, though.  what's your browser?

When it happens again I will be sure to make note of the error... It happens quite frequently actually.

I'm using IE 6.
Mike Johnston

abysmal

I never log in or log out.
Just set it to Automatic and it does a great job of taking care of me.
2LT Christopher M. Parrett
[red]Deputy Commander of Cadets, Cadet Programs Officer[/red]
London Bridge Composite Squadron 501
SWR-AZ-112,  Lake Havasu City, Arizona

MIKE

Here is that error:
QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again
Mike Johnston

abysmal

Could that be a cookie issue?
2LT Christopher M. Parrett
[red]Deputy Commander of Cadets, Cadet Programs Officer[/red]
London Bridge Composite Squadron 501
SWR-AZ-112,  Lake Havasu City, Arizona